PDA

View Full Version : what to use to wash opti-coated car?

mikek753
06-07-2014, 04:26 PM
hi all,

Are there recommended products to use to wash car every 2 weeks or so that has opti-coat 2 applied?
what's recommended steps to wash such car?

like:
1. rinse and wait for a min
2. foamed by foam gun and wait for a min
3. rinse
4. wipe

if that is good enough - what to use for #2
is anything else needed to remove bird drops, tar and such after step #2?

thanks

builthatch
06-07-2014, 05:22 PM
hi all,

Are there recommended products to use to wash car every 2 weeks or so that has opti-coat 2 applied?
what's recommended steps to wash such car?

like:
1. rinse and wait for a min
2. foamed by foam gun and wait for a min
3. rinse
4. wipe

if that is good enough - what to use for #2
is anything else needed to remove bird drops, tar and such after step #2?

thanks

you can try foaming it, rinsing then hitting it with an electric blower for a super easy cleaning but i don't think even with coating that it'll get as clean as you want without wiping using some sort of wash solution like No Rinse at the minimum (if you've rinsed it, Opti-Clean won't be very useful).

you can pre-rinse with a sprayer on a hose if you want then do a waterless, no rinse or normal wash. whatever you want.

any of the Optimum products work fine.

i regularly use Opti-Clean....or No Rinse and/or No Rinse Wash & Wax, depending how dirty it is.

if the car is absolutely filthy, but coated, i'm apt to use Optimum car wash, maybe with an ounce or so of of ONR or ONRWW mixed in for good measure, wash as normal and dry with No Rinse Wash & Wax wash solution in a spray bottle as a drying aid. or instead of drying like that, i'll rinse, bring it in and hit it with the electric blower.

for bird droppings, pre-soak with some No Rinse QD strength in a spray bottle...or Opti-Clean. then blast them off with your pre-rinse or just wash as normal, whatever.

tar you can use a prep solvent or whatever you prefer. if i'm not going to wash the car, but there is tar on it, i'll wipe the area with Opti-Clean, then wipe the area with Maxx Solv and wipe again with Opti-Clean. if i'm gonna wash, i usually do it during the wash so i can rinse the area well.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-07-2014, 05:40 PM
I wash my COATED car every weekend. It's a daily driver, but the weather is good here in Los Angeles, so the car doesn't get extremely dirty. I hit with my foam cannon, let dwell, then power wash rinse. Blow off most of the water with my metro master blaster, then finish up with a UWW wipedown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattPersman
06-09-2014, 11:58 AM
I've just been doing onr Garry dean method, no issues here.