PDA

View Full Version : Black WOW Pro short review

Pages : [1] 2

jjj
06-07-2014, 10:58 AM
The subject was 2011 Ford Flex SEL. Rear bumper and front wiper cowl. The product black wow pro. The parts were not bad but you can tell they need TLC.

Steps (real simple. )
1. Cleaned parts with apc and let dry
2. Apply BWP with yellow applicator pad.
3. Wait for 10 minutes and reapply after product soaked in per directions. Great thing with this product is that after 10 or so minutes you can reapply if needed. The look it produces is nice smooth no streaking.

This product was super easy to work with. Smells like watermelon. A little goes a long way. Example is 5 drops to do entire bumper.
I am interested to see durability of product. Claims are months. So we will see.

Before bumper

After bumper

Before cowl

After cowl

For someone wanting a product for restoring trim this seems to be a good one. My last product was dg, it streaked on me but looked good for short period.
Thanks for looking.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AG Online

06-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Very nice!

Kamakaz1961
06-07-2014, 12:29 PM
I use Black Wow Pro and you are correct a great product! I put that on my girlfriend's cowl and what a night and day difference. It has been about a week (my GT has been 1 month) and are still the same color. No greying or ghosting at all.

Great review and 1st hand experience to say great product. Also smells like watermelon when you apply the product way cool!!

allenk4
06-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Interested to see if Black Wow Pro holds up as well as the DLUX on my trim has for 9 months!

jjj
06-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Interested to see if Black Wow Pro holds up as well as the DLUX on my trim has for 9 months!

I will give updates. It would be nice because the 16 oz bottle would do a lot of vehix. 9 months is steep to ask.

jjj
06-07-2014, 06:36 PM
I use Black Wow Pro and you are correct a great product! I put that on my girlfriend's cowl and what a night and day difference. It has been about a week (my GT has been 1 month) and are still the same color. No greying or ghosting at all.

Great review and 1st hand experience to say great product. Also smells like watermelon when you apply the product way cool!!

That's great to hear. Have you used it before your gt? The stuff is really minimal mess style application. If it gets on paint or window microfiber wipe and gone.

Kamakaz1961
06-07-2014, 07:09 PM
That's great to hear. Have you used it before your gt? The stuff is really minimal mess style application. If it gets on paint or window microfiber wipe and gone.

No this is the 1st time. I spoke with Richard the inventor of Black Wow and he suggested I try a bottle. Richard's is a very personable guy and I was surprised he had the time to talk to me. I 1st contacted him through e-mail. He told me what the product would do. I was skeptical at first, however, after trying the product I am more of a believer now.

You are correct removing excess product from the windows or paint is real easy to remove. My Stang's cowl looks great and it has been at least 1 month. He also said it would be good for the tires and interior trim. I would think the tires would be great but I think I will wait to try it on the interior. IMO it might be too strong of a product for the interior.

But overall a really great product.

jjj
06-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Here is an update. Application was first completed on June 7 ,17 days later holding up very well. The vehicle had been over 700 miles in rain and southern sun.

I will continue to update.

BitterGreg
10-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Any update after a few more weeks/months?

Angus
10-07-2014, 01:05 PM
That trim turned out great - looking forward to an update!

allenk4
10-07-2014, 04:38 PM
One update at 16 days.....come on man!

Especially, since the long-term testing on the BWP pre-release version did not go well

jjj
10-07-2014, 08:22 PM
One update at 16 days.....come on man!

Especially, since the long-term testing on the BWP pre-release version did not go well

Know it's been a while but here is latest pic of bumper and crowl.

I have not reapplied. I have wiped down with dry mf after wash but no more bwp. So to your comment. .. i Think it's great product and application is simple. And it went and is going very well. I think it will go 6 months or longer. It has been approx 9000 miles since beginning of review.

allenk4
10-07-2014, 08:50 PM
The cowl.look fine

How much do you think the bumper has faded, expressed as a percentage?

I heard Richard Lin on a podcast. He expressed that Black Wow Pro is not designed to compete with products like DLUX

It is actually silicone based...interesting

jjj
10-07-2014, 09:41 PM
The cowl.look fine

How much do you think the bumper has faded, expressed as a percentage?

I heard Richard Lin on a podcast. He expressed that Black Wow Pro is not designed to compete with products like DLUX

It is actually silicone based...interesting

I would say bumper still has 60%+ left . I had a red clay stain from baseball on it and had to put some extra elbow grease into it getting it off back in July /August time. I don't think it will be 100% gone in the next month or 2 but I feel you will def tell its life span is ending. I am shocked that the cowl looks as good as it does just due to the weather I have been thru.

jjj
01-19-2015, 09:33 PM
I finally re applied both cowl and bumper over Christmas. I have been super impressed with the product. To note we haven't had a rough winter yet but made it through heat and lots of rain.