PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Pads with Non-Rupes Polishes

Pages : 1 [2]

TundraPower
06-11-2014, 03:53 PM
The Menzerna FG400 works very well with the aggressive blue Rupes pad. This combo cuts fast and finishes out like a fine cut polish. I predict you will be amazed.:)

:iagree:

I like Scholl Concept's SE3 Gold on Rupes blue pad as well.

Mike Phillips
06-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Yeah the backing plate is marked. Did the washer mod too. I'm working on flat panels as well so pad rotation isn't the issue.

Not sure what the problem is :dunno:

I'll keep playing with the blue pads and hopefully can figure out what I'm currently doing wrong.

We used the blue pads on the Duetto last night to buff out a 1971 Chevelle, didn't take a lot of pictures because the two of us stayed very busy knocking this car out till midnight last night.

I'll post some pictures today.

:)

Ronyx
07-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Because the cells are so large and open in the cell structure of their blue cutting pad and because the foam formula itself is so rigid, (at least when you're starting out with a fresh pad), excess product will simply sling out and throw splatter everywhere.

I've done it myself and that's how I learned NOT to add too much product or practice the pad priming regimen. Now I watch others do it and try my best to caution them to both,

A: Don't prime pad when using the compound with the blue cutting pad.

B: Don't overuse product.

And then when you do turn the polisher on, make sure the face of the pad is in direct contact with the paint and apply some firm pressure to TRAP the product between the pad and the paint and then get the polisher moving the product over the section you're going to buff when you first pull the trigger to get it spread out so it doesn't sling out.

Little tips but they will help you a lot.

:)

Mike, I learned this lesson first hand. Priming the blue pad results in horrendous sling! Three rules I follow with the blue pad:

A small amount of product on the pad
Firm downward pressure when starting the machine
Begin by selecting speed 1 to spread the product on the panel

07Miata
08-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Do you guys get dusting with the FG400. I have the 21 Rupes and used the FG400 with the blue Rupes pad. It was an older black Lexus, lots of damage to the paint, but it came out really nice. However, I did get a good amount of dusting. Was I working the product too long?

d33p
08-10-2014, 09:27 PM
I noticed the pads match the cap on the Rupes polishes. So lets say you had m105, m205....which Rupes pads would you match to each polish?

I was even considering the new blackfire src polishes as I love their gloss enhancing polish. So which product would be used with which pad?