PDA

View Full Version : Vaccuum

Pages : [1] 2

johnZ71
06-07-2014, 05:27 AM
Looking for an inexpensive vac to use on a daily basis for interior detailing.

Something I can buy locally.

Any ideas?

BobbyG
06-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Home Depot has some pretty nice vacuums at an affordable price...:props:

trekkeruss
06-07-2014, 07:39 AM
The Miele vacuum I use for my house works fine. I guess you do not want to bring your house vac to work though. LOL.

This might help you: Best Wet Dry Vacs | Top Picks and Reviews at ConsumerSearch (http://www.consumersearch.com/wet-dry-vacs)

RevitalizeAutoSpa
06-07-2014, 07:48 AM
This is the ShopVac I have, and I love it (although the casters suck).

Amazon.com: Shop-Vac 9689400 5.5-Peak HP Ultra Pro Wet or Dry Vacuum with Built-In Pump, 14-Gallon: Home Improvement (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VABYK4/ref=oh_details_o06_s07_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

It's also got a pump, so if you're getting rid of water you can just hook it up to a garden hose instead of dumping it constantly. (Good if you have a basement that floods regularly, etc.)

HateSwirls
06-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Years ago I tried a few that plugged in your cigarette lighter and not one of them was worth a dime until I found this one for under 20 bucks.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/vpcajun/Mobile%20Uploads/20140531_180708_zpsb5kjvlzn.jpg

O'Rielly Auto part sells this unit.

60 watt motor
Wide attachment for the large areas
A 10" hose with a crevice tool for tight spots.

I tell you I love this little vac , I use it every two days , it picks up just as well as my big roll out unit but without all the fuss.

IMHO you'll really like this one:dblthumb2:

If you don't care for it simply return it and they'll give your money back, I asked before I bought it.
I leave it in the hatchback, so easy now , my interior is always looking good:)
Oh, no filters to worry about either, just empty as needed.

215Detailing
06-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Home Depot has some pretty nice vacuums at an affordable price...:props:

As BobbyG state HOMEDEPOT I have a RIDGID

HateSwirls
06-07-2014, 09:47 AM
As BobbyG state HOMEDEPOT I have a RIDGID

I have a Ridgid also but if you vacuum daily I feel you don't need to pull it out every day.

WAXOFF
06-07-2014, 09:50 AM
I have this. The GUV from Hoover

johnZ71
06-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Years ago I tried a few that plugged in your cigarette lighter and not one of them was worth a dime until I found this one for under 20 bucks.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/vpcajun/Mobile%20Uploads/20140531_180708_zpsb5kjvlzn.jpg

O'Rielly Auto part sells this unit.

60 watt motor
Wide attachment for the large areas
A 10" hose with a crevice tool for tight spots.

I tell you I love this little vac , I use it every two days , it picks up just as well as my big roll out unit but without all the fuss.

IMHO you'll really like this one:dblthumb2:

If you don't care for it simply return it and they'll give your money back, I asked before I bought it.
I leave it in the hatchback, so easy now , my interior is always looking good:)
Oh, no filters to worry about either, just empty as needed.

Wow...that little machine would be awesome if it really pulls....I suppose it cant hurt to try although, I am leaning towards a RIGID Shop Vac based on the other recommendations.

johnZ71
06-07-2014, 01:18 PM
I have this. The GUV from Hoover

Wax...where did you get the GUV?

VISITOR
06-07-2014, 01:28 PM
RIDGID 4-Gal. Wet/Dry Vaccum-WD4070 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-Gal-Wet-Dry-Vaccum-WD4070/202077241)

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/e9/e9afdba8-b9b0-459f-a6c6-98a749d4d32b_400.jpg

Ckundred
06-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Wax...where did you get the GUV?

I have the Hoover GUV as well. It's nice to have it mounted on the wall in the garage. It's out of the way but always ready to go. I've had mine for several years now. Got it from Amazon.

Hazcat
06-07-2014, 02:34 PM
I had the GUV. The motor died after a few years. The filter is a joke in them. Your arm and floor gets coated with very fine dirt every time you clean it which is about every time you use it because it loses power when the filter is dirty. Cleaning means making a dirt cloud across your lawn. Other than that it's great. Neat to have it handy on the wall. Good attachements. Nice long hose. Great suction. I either got a bad motor or their motors don't last very long.

Now I have the german vacuum I purchased at AG and love it. Autobahn wall mount with a 7 year warranty I believe. Nice neat little bag to switch out once a month. Nice neat, quick, and clean...clean...clean. Did I mention changing the bag is neat and clean?
Now I know this isn't the kind of money you want to spend so a nice shop vac will work or the cigarette plug in vac if you don't need to go after deep down dirt. I just wanted to relay my experience with the GUV (Garage Utility Vacuum). I really like the vacs you can hang on the wall. They are up out of the way and you use them more since they are right there handy. I vacuum my car all the time because it only takes about a minute when you do often. Anytime I see anything on the carpet, on the seat, or on the car mat I pull a few loops off the vac and run it around the side real quick. It even has a horse hair attachment that I run over the dash and instrument panel to clean up dust. If I moved tomorrow and had to leave the vacuum behind I'd order a new one the same day.

HateSwirls
06-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Wow...that little machine would be awesome if it really pulls....I suppose it cant hurt to try although, I am leaning towards a RIGID Shop Vac based on the other recommendations.

Just so you know, this little vac isn't to replace our larger vacs, God knows I get my share of thrashed interiors.
The little vac is for my personal car, a small one at that, the all new 2014 Mirage, I can have it all vacuumed less than 10 minutes if that and that's start to finish , nothing to save.
It has more suction than I thought it would have :dblthumb2:

Ckundred
06-12-2014, 10:33 AM
I had the GUV. The motor died after a few years. The filter is a joke in them. Your arm and floor gets coated with very fine dirt every time you clean it which is about every time you use it because it loses power when the filter is dirty. Cleaning means making a dirt cloud across your lawn. Other than that it's great. Neat to have it handy on the wall. Good attachements. Nice long hose. Great suction. I either got a bad motor or their motors don't last very long.

Now I have the german vacuum I purchased at AG and love it. Autobahn wall mount with a 7 year warranty I believe. Nice neat little bag to switch out once a month. Nice neat, quick, and clean...clean...clean. Did I mention changing the bag is neat and clean?
Now I know this isn't the kind of money you want to spend so a nice shop vac will work or the cigarette plug in vac if you don't need to go after deep down dirt. I just wanted to relay my experience with the GUV (Garage Utility Vacuum). I really like the vacs you can hang on the wall. They are up out of the way and you use them more since they are right there handy. I vacuum my car all the time because it only takes about a minute when you do often. Anytime I see anything on the carpet, on the seat, or on the car mat I pull a few loops off the vac and run it around the side real quick. It even has a horse hair attachment that I run over the dash and instrument panel to clean up dust. If I moved tomorrow and had to leave the vacuum behind I'd order a new one the same day.

I agree that the filter design leaves a lot to be desired...As you point out it is ridiculous to clean. In fact, after reading your post I thought it's been quite a while since I've cleaned mine. Rather than remove it--which is a pain---I got another small garage vac I own and vacuumed it clean... :-)

I suppose if I had to do it again I'd look at some others but in my experience and for the way I use it, the GUV has performed well ...I really only use it to vacuum out the several cars my family has a few times a month...nothing too robust....I hope it lasts a while longer....Perhaps I've been fortunate---no problems so far--I turn it on and it works...(and it's always available but never in the way--I absolutely love that it hangs on the wall!)