PDA

View Full Version : lil' green?

bacwoodsboy
07-26-2007, 08:43 PM
i was looking in walmart today and noticed the hot water extractor is this thing any good? the size is perfect for me being a mobile detailer but is it worth its weight in stain cleaning?....if you have this machine please give me the pro's and con's

ltoman
07-26-2007, 08:54 PM
I have one. Works great on doggie "accidents" on the part of our house that still has carpet, and in has truly come in handy. You will need to go get the chemicals for it.

MikeyC
07-26-2007, 09:19 PM
If you're going to be mobile detailing you're better off investing your money in a good wet/dry vac. The LGCM is absolutely NOT a professional quality machine. I have one myself and I almost never use it. There's not enough suction for my taste and the solution squirter seems to get clogged a lot.

Jay Laub
07-26-2007, 09:58 PM
im not sure about the little green machine, but i just found this in my grandparents basement with the car attatchment and everything.Steam cleaners, carpet and hard floor cleaner cleans mold dust, controls allergy, removes stains. Try the Oreck Rinse-a-matic Steemer Ultra. (http://oreck.com/floor-cleaners/rinse-a-matic_ultra.cfm)
i know it works well on carpets because i just used it yesterday, ill probably try it in a car either friday or monday, PM me if you want to know how it goes.

bambo2888
07-26-2007, 10:16 PM
i have one, dont waste your time.

Nica
07-26-2007, 11:16 PM
I have one too and now I'm looking for a commercial hot whater extractor, like Lauren said it's good for small jobs but if your going to use it for your detailing business best to either go with the wet/dry vac or an extractor. My self I've reading up on the extractors and I feel they are worth the price. But that's just my opinion on it. Oh one positive about the Litle Green Machine is that it's small and fit's almost any where, somethign negative would be the house is way to small oh and you can't exchange the house for a longer onef.

Hope this helps.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-27-2007, 07:11 AM
I have one too and now I'm looking for a commercial hot whater extractor, like Lauren said it's good for small jobs but if your going to use it for your detailing business best to either go with the wet/dry vac or an extractor. My self I've reading up on the extractors and I feel they are worth the price. But that's just my opinion on it. Oh one positive about the Litle Green Machine is that it's small and fit's almost any where, somethign negative would be the house is way to small oh and you can't exchange the house for a longer onef.

Hope this helps.

PM sent with extractor info you may be interested in.. act fast!!

B&TAutoDetail
07-27-2007, 08:16 AM
PM sent with extractor info you may be interested in.. act fast!!

Care to share that info with me? I've been looking as well. :cheers:

PhaRO
07-27-2007, 10:16 AM
i was looking in walmart today and noticed the hot water extractor is this thing any good? the size is perfect for me being a mobile detailer but is it worth its weight in stain cleaning?....if you have this machine please give me the pro's and con's

I've use one before and for spot cleaning it works okay. For full interiors it will get the job done but just take a while. One of the benefits of the smaller machines are they can be used on a small job very quickly. The downside is lack of power and volume. I've only had one full size extractor in my mobile business (cold water) which I used many years ago. Like many I just used my extractor for rinsing. Personally a hot water extractor would seem like a big waste of money for me to just rinse with. I can run all the water I need for rinsing through my carpets with a 2gallon sprayer or my 12v powered hose. If I want hot water I have a 1000w bucket heater ($30) and if I want to get fancy I can hook up my stainless steel extractor tool ($50-$120).

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Care to share that info with me? I've been looking as well. :cheers:

PM sent

DantheMan
07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
I've been thinking about picking one up myself.. Probably will next time I see one on sale.. I dont think I would even consider it for business use, but I have a house and a dog, so I could use it there as well as on the personal cars.