PDA

View Full Version : Off the shelf wax recommendations

Pages : [1] 2

01Ws6ix
06-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Can anybody recommend or know of any good wax/sealants at autozone, pep boys, walmart, etc. I've been using Menzerna but a friend left some of the bottles outside and now its ruined. I also realized I need some good car wash soap as well. Now that winter is long gone, I finally pulled my car out of storage and I want to get some wax/sealant on it after I wash it tomorrow. Its a black car and I'm supposed to be getting some blackfire from a friend who sells detail supplies but not til sometime next week or maybe even later. I would like to have something to hold me over until then. Is there anything of decent quality I can get from the store for now?

duffmancantbrea
06-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Personally I love Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax.

hogie
06-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax, like the paste but doesn't stain trim. Also, it lasts a long time.

swanicyouth
06-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Go to the Harley Davidson dealer and get some S100. Or, go to the boat store and get so e Collinite. A lotta BMW dealers sell P21S as well.

01Ws6ix
06-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Go to the Harley Davidson dealer and get some S100. Or, go to the boat store and get so e Collinite. A lotta BMW dealers sell P21S as well.

It's funny you say that, I work at a BMW dealer, but we don't have any unfortunately.

01Ws6ix
06-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax, like the paste but doesn't stain trim. Also, it lasts a long time.

Thanks, I'll check it out, how is it on black cars?

The Guz
06-06-2014, 09:46 PM
You can go wrong with either Meguiar's or Mothers.

Meguiar's ultimate wax and M26. You can pick up M26 at pep boys, autozone an oreilly. Ultimate wax is available pretty much anywhere. It's actually on sale at pep boys for $18 for either the paste wax or liquid version. Ultimate wax is actually a sealant. ULW/M26 looks great on black cars.

Mothers California Gold synthetic wax and their carnauba wax is also nice. Actually you can pick up the Mothers M Tech synthetic wax for cheap at autozone. It's the same thing as california gold synthetic wax. It's available only a autozone for about $6.50.

Are you going to do any type of correction or are you going to hold out until you get blackfire?

tiSS'er
06-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out, how is it on black cars?

I prefer Ultimate Paste Wax on black cars. The liquid version can be streaky, it has been well documented. The paste spreads very easily, once dried (which takes longer than other waxes/sealants it seems) removes almost effortlessly with no streaking. It has a nice hard shell look to it, but it also has a nice darkening effect. A very nice, durable sealant for the price, and can be bought just about anywhere.

As previously mentioned, it will stain trim if not removed immediately. The liquid version can be used on trim, and actually makes it look pretty nice.

JHL88
06-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Like others have said, Meg's, Mothers, Collinite.

Munich77
06-06-2014, 10:19 PM
It's funny you say that, I work at a BMW dealer, but we don't have any unfortunately.

The BMW car wash stuff (not the eco stuff) is made by Sonax I think..

FishyX
06-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Duragloss products are available at a few national parts stores. I sometimes grab some Aquawax at Carquest.

sharpreflection
06-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Meguiars ultimate paste or liquid or Meguiars black wax and white wax are are really good. Ultimate paste wax is so nice, you only need to lightly swipe the applicator pad across the wax two times lightly and spread it very thin. leaves an awesome look and has good durability.

01Ws6ix
06-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Thanks for all the reply's, I guess I'll go with the general consensus and get the ultimate paste wax.

spiralout462
06-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Duragloss #501, 105, 111 along with Meguiar's M21 are great OTC sealants. Meg's M26 is an easy to find beauty wax.

EVOlved
06-07-2014, 12:31 AM
For the wash either DG 901 or Meg's gold class.