PDA

View Full Version : How to clean this brush?

conman1395
06-06-2014, 11:39 AM
I've had this leather brush for a while: http://www.autogeek.net/vilescbr.html
But I've never cleaned it and feel I should. Should I even bother? I just feel like I shouldn't clean it like I do the rest of my brushes because of the wood.

jamesboyy
06-06-2014, 02:54 PM
For that kind of brush I will use some dish soap and rub the bristles against the palm of my hand you can also rub the bristles against a similar sized brush then just pat the brush dry on a towel

TurboToys
06-07-2014, 11:15 PM
For that kind of brush I will use some dish soap and rub the bristles against the palm of my hand you can also rub the bristles against a similar sized brush then just pat the brush dry on a towel

i have that brush and i love it. the problem is after a lot of use you get a ton of little pieces of gun at the base of the brush, not just on the tips of it.

op, i would use pipecleaner or those straw cleaners you can get at the grocery store, and scrub down in between the rows of bristles, after a few weeks of use it can get pretty grimy. and you can't get it clean by hand.

they can be bought anywhere you buy baby supplies because they are used for straw and bottle cleaning, but work great for getting in between areas like the base of the brush