PDA

View Full Version : Meg's DA Power Pads...can they be used w/ Griot's 3"

Klasse Act
06-05-2014, 11:48 AM
So I needed some 3" pads and had to get them locally and bought the burgendy compound pads. They look to be 3" so that's not an issue but it "says" dual action, drill operated on the package, should I be ok? If so, what's the take on these from those who've used them on other machines? If they work out I'm going to go back tomorrow and get the yellow ones for polishing.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Mike Phillips
06-05-2014, 12:06 PM
I've used them on the Griot's 3" Mini Polisher, just like any thick foam pad the key is maintaining pad rotation under pressure.

Be sure to mark your backing plate with a black line to make it easy for your eyes to see if the pad is rotating or just vibrating against the surface.

Use the 6 speed setting and focus on keeping the pad flat to the surface.

The taper design works really well to keep the foam from twisting inward.

:)

Klasse Act
06-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Thanks for tips Mike, especially making the mark!

swanicyouth
06-05-2014, 03:39 PM
They work well. The Velcro on the other hand, didn't last long.

Klasse Act
06-05-2014, 08:18 PM
They work well. The Velcro on the other hand, didn't last long.

I'll keep my eye on that. My 3" GG pad has started to come apart all the way around and although it hasn't come apart I'm not taking any chances. Like I said I plan on buying/using the yellow polishing pads too, no need for the waxing ones as I hand apply LSP's and have 2 red GG's ones anyways.

Thanks for the help guys and more input as far as how they perform would be greatly appreciated!

David Hayward
06-05-2014, 09:44 PM
This may be off topic a little but I have the 6 inch griots polisher can I just toss a 3 inch plate and pad on it or should I snag up the actual 3 inch polisher from griots?

Matt-erhorn
06-05-2014, 09:50 PM
This may be off topic a little but I have the 6 inch griots polisher can I just toss a 3 inch plate and pad on it or should I snag up the actual 3 inch polisher from griots?

You can use a 3 inch backing plate. That's what I do for my G110v2. But the GG3 is better for some applications since the housing and body of the machine are smaller than a normal DA. Really depends on how tight the area your working on is.

David Hayward
06-05-2014, 10:03 PM
That's what I was thinking. Anyone have a side by side shot of a regular and mini griots? I'll probably just order one. It's not too bad on price and I just got an email for a discount code so why not.

The Guz
06-05-2014, 11:49 PM
I thought the DA power pads were 4". Either way they should work just fine.

Matt-erhorn
06-06-2014, 12:20 AM
I thought the DA power pads were 4". Either way they should work just fine.

They have 3" Velcro and taper into 4" I believe. I have some but I'm too lazy to check if it's 3.5" or 4" one the face.