PDA

View Full Version : UWW+ as a drying aid?

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
06-05-2014, 05:38 AM
Does anyone use this as a drying aid? I use DG Aquawax, but supposedly it can cloud your paint if overused... I dont wanna burn All the AW up anyway, so if I can use something else and save money... The UWW+ concentrated is CHEAP...

b0b
06-05-2014, 05:41 AM
I've been meaning to ask the same thing in light of the recent AW discoveries.. Subscribed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dogfather
06-05-2014, 07:22 AM
I've used it while drying quite often. You can use your AW every couple of washes so as to conserve it.
What I do now though is use a bottle filled 60/40 - UWW+/AW every wash.
Keep in mind mixing products is frowned upon.

TroyScherer
06-05-2014, 08:38 AM
I use it as a drying aid often. Other than DG AQ & FK425 it is one of my favorite. And since it is a waterless wash I think it is one of the the safest options.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-05-2014, 10:10 AM
I use it every week as a drying aid after a wash.

hernandez.art13
06-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Yep it works great as a drying aid.

UWW+ works great for pretty much everything actually, well haven't tried cleaning carpet with it, probably won't either lol.

808_detail_nut
06-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Been hearing that about AW also but, I also hear that that is hog wash. Personally I have never had it happen on my daily driver and I got a black f150. I wash it every week-2 weeks and no problems.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

spence
06-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I recently started using UWW+ as drying aid for full washes AND as a waterless wash on dusty cars. In both cases I think UWW+ is an incredible product especially on my black vehicles

tiSS'er
06-05-2014, 03:14 PM
OK, after all this UWW hoopla, I ordered some up. I have had success with ONR for rinseless, but don't care for it as a waterless/QD. Hoping it is everything it is cracked up to be.

FUNX650
06-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Does anyone use this as a drying aid? I use DG Aquawax, but supposedly it can cloud your paint if overused... I dont wanna burn All the AW up anyway, so if I can use something else and save money... The UWW+ concentrated is CHEAP...
Instead of: ^^^this^^^...

I thought for sure you'd be going with the below DG products for your "drying aid". From this thread:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/79830-dont-use-aquawax-drying-aid-will-cloud-your-paint.html

They never said why not to, but the gallon of 921 is only 25ish bucks. So I figured with the gallon of AW I have and then cut it with 921, I'll have a lot of drying aid to use up. Plus I'll have some straight AW for whenever.

Just buy their 921 and cut it with the AW in 50/50.. Aka another reason to buy more DG product

But whaddaiknow...

Bob

MrOneEyedBoh
06-05-2014, 03:46 PM
I was going to use it, but the value for UWW is way better than the DG

builthatch
06-05-2014, 03:54 PM
for whatever it's worth, i have used a little-bit-stronger-than wash solution dilution Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax in a spray bottle as a drying aid and instant detailer. talk about cost effective, sheesh!

then i had some left overs for some other Optimum products so i mixed them in that bottle to make quite a witch's brew. some OID concentrate and a little OCW mixed in with the Wash & Wax. worked wonderfully as the dilution of those was probably so minimal it'd never cause an issue.

FUNX650
06-05-2014, 04:04 PM
I was going to use it, but the value for UWW is way better than the DG

http://superpixel.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/okiedokie.gif

:xyxthumbs:

Bob

MrOneEyedBoh
06-05-2014, 05:09 PM
haha FUNX..

MrOneEyedBoh
06-05-2014, 05:11 PM
for whatever it's worth, i have used a little-bit-stronger-than wash solution dilution Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax in a spray bottle as a drying aid and instant detailer. talk about cost effective, sheesh!

then i had some left overs for some other Optimum products so i mixed them in that bottle to make quite a witch's brew. some OID concentrate and a little OCW mixed in with the Wash & Wax. worked wonderfully as the dilution of those was probably so minimal it'd never cause an issue.

Problem I have with the ONRWW is that I get streaking even at QD strength. Maybe Im not using it right... I did buy both the ONRWW and OCW in gallon size. Now they sit here..