PDA

View Full Version : Advise on interior protectant

Pages : [1] 2

chrisbothwell
07-26-2007, 11:31 AM
I have noticed that my newer cars use a different dash pad material, the dash does not seem to take the protectants like the older cars that I have owned. The protectant seems to be sucked into the material and it doesn't get the shine like the old dash material. Is is necessary to apply protectant to the material? Any help would be appreciated. The cars are an 03 350Z and a 02 VR6 VW and I am using armorall or similar.

Jay Laub
07-26-2007, 11:37 AM
well first off.. dont use armor all brand, its all synthetic, this makes it look shiny for a couple of days but it ends up attracting more dust in the long run. use 303 aerospace protectant or DP interior protectant, i know these work on the nissan dash material, not sure about the VW

Jimmie
07-26-2007, 11:50 AM
well first off.. dont use armor all brand, its all synthetic, this makes it look shiny for a couple of days but it ends up attracting more dust in the long run. use 303 aerospace protectant or DP interior protectant, i know these work on the nissan dash material, not sure about the VW

:iagree: with Jay's advice.
I use both DP Interior Protectant and 303 Aerospace Protectant on my wife's Nissan. They both have the "new look" or "matte" finish that I like. The 303 offers UV protection as well.
With the above said I recently ordered the Optimum Protectant Plus because of all the positive feedback from a review done by one of our members. It should get here today. Can't wait to try it.
I agree with you that the dash material itself does not have the sheen of the older dashes, but I think that's the preferred look of the majority now.

Surfer
07-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Optimum Protectant Plus hands down. I would also grab DP Interior Cleaner in addition to.

Jay Laub
07-26-2007, 12:10 PM
oh and watch out how much you use if the stuff you use gives alot of shine, the black dash in the nisssan almost creates too much of a glare in the windshield when i drive it, havent tried optimum but probably will when i run out of the DP

chrisbothwell
07-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the advise. I also prefer the matte finish of the new dash material and that is why I have let it go for a while, but as the cars get a little older I want to make sure that I don't end up with a cracked dash. I can't imagine what that would cost to fix. Do the protectants that both of your recommend maintain the matte finish of the dash?

Jay Laub
07-26-2007, 12:17 PM
not sure about optimum. but yes, i know 303 does, DP interior protectant is more of a wet look IMO.

trlblazer3
07-26-2007, 12:36 PM
303 leaves a nice matte finish. DP to me is a little glossier compared to 303, but its not super shiny/greasy at all.

Mike T
07-26-2007, 12:42 PM
I use Poorboy's Natural Look for our interior. Its quiet a nice product. Leaves a nice matte finish, and it could be used on anything from the interior to tires.

devst8
07-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I have and i really love OP+, i hightly recommend it

might also check out 1Z Cockpit Premium, heard good thing about it...
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1960_34746243 (http://store.yahoo.com/autogeek/1z-einzett-cockpit-premium.html) 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner Free Bonus! (http://store.yahoo.com/autogeek/1z-einzett-cockpit-premium.html)

HAN
07-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Optimum Protectant + user here as well, love the stuff for interior and engine dressing.

Pete

Mike T
07-26-2007, 01:23 PM
I've been eying the 1Z Cockpit Lemon.

budman3
07-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I use Poorboy's Natural Look for our interior. Its quiet a nice product. Leaves a nice matte finish, and it could be used on anything from the interior to tires.

If you want protection (it has biocides too) and a very subtle shine, Natural Look can't be beat. Plus it smells good... and easy to use. Not greasy or anything either.

Sevenrd
07-26-2007, 02:07 PM
303's been working great for me.

HAN
07-26-2007, 07:02 PM
303's been working great for me.

used to be a 303 user until I realized OPT Protectant offered all the same benefits at a much lower price (at least when purchased in a gallon size).

my .02,

Pete