PDA

View Full Version : Why Glaze!!! Not Needed

trhland
07-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Hi Guys In Wondering Is It Really Nessesery To Glaze?? What I Do Is Polish My Paint With A Green Foam Pad Medium Cut . Then I Go Over Again with A Blue Finishing Pad And The Same Polish And Buff To An Awesome Shine. Then Apply My Wax Sig Series 2 . And The Shine Is Awesome. Is Glaze Only Needed If Theres Imperfections To Cover Up?

Al-53
07-26-2007, 06:00 AM
no..glaze is not needed...Glaze is used as a gloss intensifier most times....it adds a little more gloss to make a wetter look and add depth to the paint..

It does cover imperfections due to oil content...but is very temporary....

so if your happy with your results ...no need for the glaze...

AL

bambo2888
07-26-2007, 07:25 AM
well, i personally love glazes. the more wax, the better the imperfections stick out. the glazes has fillers to conceal some of the deeper imperfections, of which is then sealed and wazed to extened durability.

so, its not the case of it lasting, it will last as long as your sealant or wax protects it. likewise, the glaze really does add to the final product.

Z06-Goose
07-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Plus I feel glaze nourishes the paint some

D
07-26-2007, 10:32 AM
I dont use glazes except for CK RMG on my car. Might check out the Menzerna glaze though.

trlblazer3
07-26-2007, 10:51 AM
I'll use glazes on my personal ride, but I don't normally incorporate it when I'm detailing unless they request it. My glaze of choice is RMG, but I have the Menz glaze and will be trying that out as well. I love the look that RMG adds to paint -it gives it that extra oomph in the depth/wetness department.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-26-2007, 10:52 AM
A post from a detailer wiser than I equated Glaze to make up...

A woman can put on make up to make her look pretty but, once she takes a shower it'll all wash off and you'll see beneath....

Surfer
07-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Problem with most glazes, after a wash or two the glaze is faded off after oils are removed from washing (even if topped with a wax). I have RMG and its great, but I love CG EZ-Creme glaze b/c its an acrylic base that looks super wet but not loaded with oils so it doesn't fade away when washing. Best glaze around IMO.

Gnarboots11
07-26-2007, 12:01 PM
I dont get it. How can a glaze be washed off if it is topped with a sealant? and then topped with a wax? If it has 2 layers of protection on top of it, and the glaze is washed off, then the sealant and wax would be washed off as well.

Mike T
07-26-2007, 12:44 PM
I would imagine that he meant if it wasn't topped with a LSP.

D
07-26-2007, 04:54 PM
You usually dont put a glaze under a sealant.

Z06-Goose
07-26-2007, 05:43 PM
I dont get it. How can a glaze be washed off if it is topped with a sealant? and then topped with a wax? If it has 2 layers of protection on top of it, and the glaze is washed off, then the sealant and wax would be washed off as well.In order to achieve optimum performance from a sealant, it needs to be applied to a clean surface that is free of oil, and waxes. Sealants bond to the paint to add durability. Glazes, are good, I love using glazes, but as it was mentioned, some of them have oils, and they really don't provide a good base for sealants, unless the glaze is a polymer base type glaze that would work good under sealant like Prima Amigo for example
Glazes are great under carnuaba wax. RMG, and Prima Amigo are by far my favorites. On black and red, it adds that "wow" factor. Next on my wish list is the CG EZ-Creme, and Danase

Gnarboots11
07-26-2007, 06:10 PM
How bout the Menzerna Glaze? I have been contemplating trying out the Menzerna Final Polish, then Menzerna Finish Glaze, then Wolfgang DGPS, then Pinnacle Souv. I think this would be crazy combo!!!

Cheetah
07-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Problem with most glazes, after a wash or two the glaze is faded off after oils are removed from washing (even if topped with a wax). I have RMG and its great, but I love CG EZ-Creme glaze b/c its an acrylic base that looks super wet but not loaded with oils so it doesn't fade away when washing. Best glaze around IMO.

I agree. I also have RMG and it's great but the creme glazes lasts considerably longer
for me and I think it looks 98.2% as good as RMG. Give it a try. Makes ur car look it was just painted 15 mins ago.