PDA

View Full Version : So i bought the complete Intermediate Pinnacle XMT....

superblack350
07-26-2007, 01:27 AM
I'm a newb and everything is going great so far. I just finished using the #3 swirl remover. After i do the #1 ultra fine swirl removier, does the finishing glaze wiht the carnauba wax suppose to be the wax? Or do i top this with a real carnauba? Can i use my natty's blue right after the glaze with no down time or do i wait a day after? Thanks

klumzypinoy
07-26-2007, 02:16 AM
FInishing glaze can be topped with wax, but not sealant. No need to wait for any cure time after glazing :) you can go straight to waxing. It's good that you're having a great experience. Can you post up some pictures please?

superblack350
07-26-2007, 03:30 AM
FInishing glaze can be topped with wax, but not sealant. No need to wait for any cure time after glazing :) you can go straight to waxing. It's good that you're having a great experience. Can you post up some pictures please?

thanks for the response. I will try to get pics. The intermediate #3 took out my major swirls and scratches with two passes with the orange LC pad. No hazing and low dusting. I'm very happy with it so far.

tod071
07-26-2007, 04:27 AM
thanks for the response. I will try to get pics. The intermediate #3 took out my major swirls and scratches with two passes with the orange LC pad. No hazing and low dusting. I'm very happy with it so far.
Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear you got some positive results. I bought the same kit and love it. XMT line works great, doesn't it.

and yeah, let's see some pics!

klumzypinoy
07-26-2007, 04:34 AM

That's great. You are one happy detailer :p

superblack350
07-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear you got some positive results. I bought the same kit and love it. XMT line works great, doesn't it.

and yeah, let's see some pics!

Thanks.

yeah, the stuff is great. Everyone was telling me not to get it since it was a bit pricey and i can get better stuff mix matching. I just wanted something to start out with plus it has online guides. can't beat that. Also the bottle has my car on the cover..lol.

Gnarboots11
07-26-2007, 12:04 PM
according to AG's explanation of Menzerna Finish GLaze they say it can be topped with a sealant and in fact they sell Wolfgang DGPS with it at a special discounted price. I have heard both sides about this and I am thouroughly confused. Somebody must be incorrect about the topping of a sealant on a glaze.

klumzypinoy
07-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Superblack350 - HAha that's cool your car's a celebrity on XMT bottles :D. Well, it is a bit pricey when you first look at it, but you save a bunch when you buy kits. At the bottom of the page of the kits, it shows how much you save :).

Gnarboots11 - Menzerna's Finishing Glaze is just about the only glaze I know of that can be topped with a sealant. Other glazes have oils that sealants just cannot bond to. So, Menzerna's glaze is an exception :p

Jimmie
07-26-2007, 12:58 PM
WG and PB sealants are exceptions too. Other sealants over most other glazes are going to smear.
Anyone, please let us know of other exceptions. AW is one.