PDA

View Full Version : Applying Eraser/Panel Wipe

JHL88
06-03-2014, 04:56 PM
So I did some thinking about applying these and while Eraser isn't too bad (I guess it has some lubricants) Panel Wipe is grabby but thats what I prefer to use and I can't stand to use a towel because it IS so grabby. It could cause problems on very soft paint I would think.

So anyway, I was thinking about spreading these products with a foam applicator instead of a MF/WW towel. What do you think?

Rsurfer
06-03-2014, 05:12 PM
So I did some thinking about applying these and while Eraser isn't too bad (I guess it has some lubricants) Panel Wipe is grabby but thats what I prefer to use and I can't stand to use a towel because it IS so grabby. It could cause problems on very soft paint I would think.

So anyway, I was thinking about spreading these products with a foam applicator instead of a MF/WW towel. What do you think?

I would not use a foam applicator as it won't grab what you are trying to remove. The foam would just move it around.

Just02896
06-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Problem is, eraser and panel wipe are used to dissolve polishing oils and need to be removed with clean MF's. To apply them with a foam applicator would do absolutely nothing but dissolve the oils and then evaporate leaving behind the oils. I find that short loop MF's and very light pressure work best for eraser and the like.