PDA

View Full Version : What to put on top after Menzerna for durability?

superdigg
07-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Hi!

I'm planning to buy some Menzerna products hoping that they'll be able to cope with my (frustratingly hard) VAG clearcoat. Products in question is the SIP and NP. After a (hopefully) perfect polish I need to seal that shine somehow. I know there are a vast amount of products to choose from but considering this'll be for my autumn/winter detail, I need something that can withstand those conditions.

My thoughts so far:
I do know there's a special for Wolfgang DGPS with the Menz 106 but how is the DGPS in terms of durability? I know the shine is really good though...

Then you have Klasse HGSG and Duragloss TPP #105 who both are renowned for good durability. But then the Duragloss has some cleaners in it so how will it fare on top of the Menz NP?

My plans for LSP is Collinite #915.

Any thoughts/comments?

Thank's in advance!

Thejoyofdriving
07-26-2007, 01:30 AM
Well you are going to want to go with a sealent. I have heard that klasse is good, but a lot of people speak of collinites durability they say it really good. I have no experience with either so i cant personaly comment, usually sealent will last around 5 months, but less in extreme conditions. I would suggest layering what ever sealant you choose with a wax for extra durability.

superdigg
07-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Oh, maybe I wasn't making myself clear: The plan was to put the wax (Collonite?) on top of any of the suggested (or other) sealants. So yes, a sealant is a "gotta-have" :)

Thejoyofdriving
07-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Ahhh, ok, i must have misunderstood what you were saying. Conillite makes some sealents that you might want to look at, the insulator wax and the liquid sapphire. Also 4 star looks good too. make sure that you top the sealent with a pure carnauba wax, if you use a wax that has polish or cleaners it will remove the sealent under it. Also make sure you allow about 18hrs for the sealant to cure before you apply any was. Also make sure you park it inside to avoid any sory of water or airborne chemical gets on the paint and interfears with the bonding/ curing.

klumzypinoy
07-26-2007, 02:18 AM
Hmm I thought Collinite insulator wax isn't a sealant :p.

Gnarboots11
07-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Why not just take advantage of the $5 off and get the Wolfgang DGPS with your Menzerna order. I really like Wolfgang, used it 4 times now and it's easy on easy off and the end results are beautiful. This is Wolfgang DGPS topped with Pinnacle SSII wax.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g4/gnarboots11/Picture753.jpg

klumzypinoy
07-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Why not just take advantage of the $5 off and get the Wolfgang DGPS with your Menzerna order. I really like Wolfgang, used it 4 times now and it's easy on easy off and the end results are beautiful. This is Wolfgang DGPS topped with Pinnacle SSII wax.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g4/gnarboots11/Picture753.jpg

That looks amazing :D

tod071
07-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't thnk you could go wrong with Klasse, DG, or Collinite. I think generally, a polymer sealant like Duragloss or Klasse will last longer than any wax. But, Collinite does actually last pretty long for a wax. I've used 845 liquid and have heard great things about 915, so I'm sure you'll be happy with the 915.

Since you're getting the Menz 106FF, might as well get the WG DGPS. It does give added gloss! Then top it off with Collinite 915 or 845 for a durable wax.

Good luck and don't forget to post pics when you're done!

pt91
07-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Dg105

sparkie
07-27-2007, 04:24 AM
Dg105
:iagree:

ScottB
07-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I have not found an AG product, wax or sealant that is not compatible with Menzerna.

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-28-2007, 10:05 PM
For vehicles I do not see less than a month-i.e. parents-my combo is 106 and Wolfgang, also that is my combo for my dd. I do want to try UPP sealant to see if there is any difference between the two. I havent washed my dd in a month and it still beads and looks great. When I do wash it I use my carwash at the dealership and still have no durabilty problems. I think the combo is pretty bullet proof.

DAL1955
07-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I have recently done two vehicles with the Menzerna Polish line finishing up with the 106FF. I did one with the Wolfgang on a Black 540, and Klasse on a tan Pilot. The wolfgang goes on and off a bit easier than the Klasse, but both give an excellent shine. I go with two coats of the Sealant (24 hrs apart), followed by either Souveran liquid, or the S100(P21S). I would say it mostly depends on the color of your vehicle, If Black, red,dk grey or blue, I would give the Wolfgang a go as it is wonderful on dark cars. If you have a lighter color, pick either, as you likely won't be able to see a difference. Top two coats of sealant with a coat or two of a good wax, and sealant durability wont be the issue. Pick the top coat wax for durability. Lots of folks like the Collonite for durability, but you really can't go wrong with pretty much any of the top of the line pure wax products.

DAL

FMINUS
07-28-2007, 10:08 PM
I really want to try UPP also