PDA

View Full Version : Sticky paint after polish

frankprozzoly
06-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Yesterday I was bitching about lint. After I clay the paint is slick. After polish and wiping polish off. its grabby. Same with wiping wax. I wipe down as I go with garry deans or megs express wash to clean up. Is there a step im missing. Am I doing something wrong that the paint is grabby?. The finished product is beautiful, until I wipe off and see a million tiny lint strands left behind. Maybe I'm just anal

Justin at Final Inspection
06-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Most likely its the microfibers you are using. I have had the same issue before. If you are drying them in the dryer on high heat then that could be a issue too. Try air drying or drying on low heat.

What I ended up doing is getting a 10 pack of the big suede microfibers made by Carpro. They work great for a final wipe down to get rid of any lint after waxing.

CarPro Suede Microfiber Cloths, suede microfibre cloths, microfiber towels, cquartz microfiber (http://www.autogeek.net/suede-microfiber-cloths-40.html)

mwoolfso
06-03-2014, 06:48 AM
This may sound nuts but if you are using fabric softener when you clean your towels it may be contributing to your challenge.

frankprozzoly
06-03-2014, 06:52 AM
I also noticed after I was done, the edges of the MF pads were getting stiff. After a couple passes I take a nylon brush to the pad on speed 5 . Seems to rejuvenate. I completely primed the pad. Should I put more on the edges

frankprozzoly
06-03-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm cleaning and drying the towels properly. I'll check out the ones you suggested

Evan.J
06-03-2014, 07:27 AM
If you are using microfiber pads then you need to be cleaning them with compressed air or a brush after every section and changing pads out after every panel.

The pads get loaded with predict very quickly and it very important to clean out the fibers often. Additionally it's very important to change out the pads after every panel due to heat build up. The excess heat will cause the adhesive of the Velcro material to delaminates and cause the pad to fail.