PDA

View Full Version : B-24J Witchcraft revisited

Joe@Superior Shine
06-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Witchcraft Revisited -

Last year we reconditioned Witchcraft's finish because it was really bad. It was heavily oxidized and chalky. We put about 80 hours into restoring and waxing the finish.

You can read about that event here - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/64713-15-detailers-2-gallons-wax-later-b-24-liberator-witchcraft.html

Because regular routine maintenance is essential to maintain a painted finish we did it again this year. This time we had a video made to document the project. ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVlIMPZ8CL0

As last year this project was made possible with help from a Superior Shine client and aerospace industry leader Ace Clearwater Enterprises in Torrance, CA who covered the cost of insurance and other incidentals. Gary Johnson, the Vice President of Ace Clearwater, loves these vintage aircraft and has always been supportive of us whenever we take on such a project.

I have a very long 20+ year relationship with Meguiars so it is natural that Meguiars provided all the professional-grade products needed to do the job. Jason Rose and Mike Stoops of Meguiars also were on the team helping to restore the finish.

The company we all LOVE, Auto Detailing supply super store Autogeek also graciously supported the project with a generous donation.

Mark Foster of the Lyon Air Museum (another Superior Shine client) allowed us to perform the work at their location.

Without Ace Clearwater, Meguiars, Autogeek and the Lyon Museum, we wouldn't be able to take on this project!!!

THANK YOU!!

The team members are all volunteers who were moved by the plane's majesty and the role it played in protecting our country's freedom. By maintaining this old war bird, we didn't only honor it but more importantly we honored the men and women of a generation that built, fixed, flew and died in these aircraft to defeat evil.

Much gratitude to the amazing team that helped beatify Witchcraft -

Mario Asencio Asencio, Detailing by M , Rancho Santa Magarita
Albert Mojarra Perez, Ultimate Car Detailing OC,
city of Orange
Bradley Otellio, Proud American
Christopher Brown, Obsessive Car Detailing, Los Angeles, Ca
Detailing Art, NEED BIZ NAME AND CITY
Chris West, Solution Finish
Christopher Castillo, Castle Tree Photography, Fontucky
Luis Rodriguez Rodriguez, Classic Shine, Fullerton
Tommy Salazar, One Way Detailing, Hesperia
Nicholas Modrak, Pro Image Detailing Detailing, Cypress, Ca.
Enrique Torres, Blackshield AutoDetail, Orange Ca
Kyle Franko Franko, Bulldog Detail.
Apache Junction/Gold Canyon, Az
Andrew Williams Williams, San Diego auto shine, san Diego

Chris@AutoCleanse
06-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Very cool, thanks for sharing and posting.

Tato
06-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Awesome initiative, awesome work.

The quality of video and some angles are impressive.

Thanks for doing this, and thanks for sharing with us.

Kind Regards.

trekkeruss
06-02-2014, 10:52 PM
The grass is always greener on the other side, meaning it always seems like the cool stuff happens too far away from me to participate. Someday...

kochdalton87
06-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Nice work and GREAT video. Keep up the good work!

hernandez.art13
06-02-2014, 11:58 PM
I had one of the best and most memorable detailing experiences to date. I am glad I attended.

Well for now just..

Art Hernandez - Detailing Art, Corona, CA.

Meghan
06-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Awesome project we were so happy to be able to help out, takes detailing to a higher level!

therapy1
06-03-2014, 11:37 AM
:iagree:
I had one of the best and most memorable detailing experiences to date. I am glad I attended.

Well for now just..

Art Hernandez - Detailing Art, Corona, CA.

So glad I was allowed to be a part of it as well thanks Joe!!

BRLAHTI
06-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Awesome job guys! Had to be a amazing experience thanks for sharing with us all.

Joe@Superior Shine
06-05-2014, 03:55 PM
It was so much fun! Correcting the finish (return to a satin sheen) working with other passionate detailers, and being around all those artifacts of American history was a treat!!