PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Massachusetts

crazedprinter
07-25-2007, 09:51 PM
I am detailing a pick up truck this weekend that has run over a latex paint can and there is a lot of paint in the rear wheel well and splatters along the side of the truck. Does anyone know of a product that would help soften or remove the latex paint without harming the clearcoat? I should also point out that this is only my 4th job on a vehicle that I do not own. First 3 times I polished and waxed by hand, but now I have the Porter Cable 7424 with edge 2000 pads. Looking forward to this next job with my new toys. Any recommendations as to what polishes/waxes I should use to realy knock the socks off this new customer?:righton:

07ImpalaSS
07-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the forums.

ltoman
07-25-2007, 11:12 PM
welcome to the forum! nice to have you.

klumzypinoy
07-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Welcome :D well...I don't know what can take off that latex paint. You should post in the detailing forum asking that question, that way people will be able to know you're asking a question and they'll help you out.

There's a lot of great waxes on Autogeek. The Poorboy's Natty's line is nicely priced and has lots of positives. The regular Natty's for light colors, Blue for dark colors. People have had nice comments to say about XMT 180 carnauba wax as well. DP Max Wax, Pinnacle Signature Series II, Pinnacle Souveran, and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran are what I can also add. I know that Signature Series II is for metallics, Pinnacle Souveran is for black, red, yellow, and Liquid Souveran is for light colors. DP Max Wax, I'm not definitely sure, but it helps with metallic colors. Hope this helps! There's many reviews about these waxes on Autogeek, so you should search around the threads.