PDA

View Full Version : Lint sucks

frankprozzoly
06-02-2014, 08:09 PM
All that work and south Korean mf from the rag company left a million tiny lint bombs. I guess im gonna have to spring for zaino cotton borderless

06-02-2014, 08:24 PM
All that work and south Korean mf from the rag company left a million tiny lint bombs. I guess im gonna have to spring for zaino cotton borderless

That sucks, I always wash new MF towels once before I use them...

Rsurfer
06-02-2014, 08:34 PM

Not all mf are created equal.

frankprozzoly
06-02-2014, 08:39 PM
The rag company came highly recommended. They are nice towels. I just have to use something else to wipe off sealant and wax

Rsurfer
06-02-2014, 08:43 PM
The rag company came highly recommended. They are nice towels. I just have to use something else to wipe off sealant and wax

Use a low nap edgeless towel for wax/sealant removal. Did you wash before using?

Kamakaz1961
06-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Just Curious...I have the blue eagle edgeless MF Towels from the Rag Company and I have no lint issues. IMO they are the best for removing wax and sealant.

As for the Rag Company's WW Towel for drying they suck IMO and I use AGO's Green WW Towel and another Brand.

I am assuming you talking about the WW Towel.
If not and they are the Eagles...you may want to look into the MF Cleaning detergent. I like Pinnacle or Blackfire MF detergent. Those work really well.

SYMAWD
06-02-2014, 09:17 PM
My guess is you didn't wash it first?

frankprozzoly
06-02-2014, 09:34 PM
According to the website the eagle blue is the same as the Orange one. Yes they've been washed multiple times. I soak them with free and clear detergent with vinegar. Then wash with free and clear, a few ounces of GG MF cleaner and vinegar in the rinse cycle. They air dry

frankprozzoly
06-02-2014, 09:36 PM
The lint is tiny. But it gets all over. The one guy mentioned low nap towels. What company are they from

Kamakaz1961
06-02-2014, 09:52 PM
According to the website the eagle blue is the same as the Orange one. Yes they've been washed multiple times. I soak them with free and clear detergent with vinegar. Then wash with free and clear, a few ounces of GG MF cleaner and vinegar in the rinse cycle. They air dry

Might I suggest NOT using the vinegar and just using the MF cleaner as your wash. You might be doing too much and causing the MF towel to lose its knapping. Try without the free and clear detergent, vinegar and the soaking.

Just the MF Cleaner in warm water or cold (wash machine) and then drying them by air or dryer (I like the dryer).

I would guess that will happen (the linting or knap bits) with any brand that you might try because IMO you may be doing too much in your process of cleaning your MF Towels.

I have the exact towels you have and I have no lint issues or knapping issues. I use cold water or warm (wash machine on regular) and I put them in the dryer on the cotton cycle. That is it. My towels have been washed several times too.

The eagles are my favorite MF towels. The AGO green WW are my go to drying MF towels

No issues with either with this method. Again, this IMO.

VISITOR
06-03-2014, 02:56 AM
there's nothing more aggravating then microfiber that lints, nothing like having a clean car only to wipe and see lint all over the place. i purchased some green edgeless polishing cloths that are doing this :(

frankprozzoly
06-03-2014, 02:58 AM
I'll give it a shot