PDA

View Full Version : Another paint sealant question

aburgeson
06-02-2014, 04:43 PM
I want to detail a car but there might be a chance of rain later that day. How long does the sealant need to dry before it can be "rain" safe? Rescheduling this car would be pretty difficult so I want to try to get it done. I would be using Klasse sealant just fyi

hernandez.art13
06-02-2014, 04:47 PM
I have never used anything Klasse, nothing against it just haven't got around to it.

If the Sealant is like Menzerna PL or Meguiars Ultimate Wax.

Then just do the finger swipe test and If it wipes clean. Then you will be good to go. I believe others leave it for a long time to help it bond to the paint better.

However sometimes we might not have that convenience, if so then just work with what you have and make the best of it.

aburgeson
06-02-2014, 04:51 PM
I have used sealant before but never with it gonna rain later in the day (30% chance of rain). I want to know will the rain make it look streaky or take away the finish? Id hate to get an angry call from the person when they arrive home.

Belair
06-02-2014, 07:05 PM
With the sealants I've used, I've always given them 24 hours to bond to the paint.

richy
06-02-2014, 08:36 PM
With the sealants I've used, I've always given them 24 hours to bond to the paint.

That's the beauty of DG 601...immediate topping plus added bonus of making it last longer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
06-02-2014, 08:40 PM
I want to detail a car but there might be a chance of rain later that day. How long does the sealant need to dry before it can be "rain" safe? Rescheduling this car would be pretty difficult so I want to try to get it done. I would be using Klasse sealant just fyi

KSG unlike a polymer sealant (needs 12 hours to cross link) is an acrylic sealant and should be fine after an hour.

aburgeson
06-03-2014, 12:16 PM
how long for klasse to haze before i buff off? the bottle doesnt say nor does autogeek store description of the sealant