PDA

View Full Version : Best Extractor in the 200-250 price range?

A2D Signature
06-02-2014, 01:47 PM
So I don't have an extractor, nor am I able to get one of the big boys out there (mytee).

My fiancé told me that she will buy me am extractor for Father's Day, but it can't be any more than the 200-250 price range.

So I could research this but I think it's better to hear it from the geeks. I'm looking for best bang for buck here but I understand at this range, the bang won't be big.

Thanks In Advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PERFECTIONPLUS
06-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Save that money and put more away and save till you get enough for a good one.

Firehouse Mike
06-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Bissell Spot Clean PRO. Amazon has them for $120 ish. Works great, but don't use super hot water in it though. The pro version has much larger tanks on it.

brondondolon
06-02-2014, 02:32 PM
I have the bissle spotclean pro and i couldnt be happier. Here is a picture of a test spot i did with it. Mind you this was with little effort, no pre treating, and hardly any scrubbing with the machine.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/brondondolon/2ada6882-256b-4a60-a977-8b44e0de2a20.jpg

dooyaunastan
06-02-2014, 02:51 PM
My suction went out on my little Bissel after a dozen uses or so. It's nice, having the features of an extractor for a $100, and some people have had them last much longer, but just keep that in mind. You can buy a $100 'extractor', but you may end up needing to buy it again.

brondondolon
06-02-2014, 03:02 PM
My suction went out on my little Bissel after a dozen uses or so. It's nice, having the features of an extractor for a $100, and some people have had them last much longer, but just keep that in mind. You can buy a $100 'extractor', but you may end up needing to buy it again.

Did you clean it after each use? I fill a sink with hot water after each use and suck up enough clean hot water to fill the tank.

Also the spot clean pro has 2x the suction power of a LGM

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

dooyaunastan
06-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Did you clean it after each use? I fill a sink with hot water after each use and suck up enough clean hot water to fill the tank.

Also the spot clean pro has 2x the suction power of a LGM

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

Yessir. Made sure the hoses rinsed clean as did the tanks and the little nooks and crannies in and about the pump(I guess) area. Little rubber flaps where water's taken into the dirty tank. It wasn't the Pro model or the LGM, it was the basic Spot Clean and it's no longer listed on their website, go figure.

jwgreen6
06-02-2014, 04:44 PM
For $130, you can get Rug Doctor's new upholstery extractor. It looks like it might give the LGM a run for the money.

I have the LGM ProHeat version and it's OK. It's better than nothing but not quite ready for prime time. For $200-$250, I'd recommend investing in the new McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System.

A2D Signature
06-02-2014, 05:29 PM
I notice the spot clean pro doesn't have heating capabilities. I seen a spot clean proheat. The spot clean pro looks superior, I have always thought the heat is more important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pointillistic_practitioner
06-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Check for used extractors on Craigslist/ebay, or save for a new one. I had an LGM that actually lasted 2 or 3 years, but the suction was not good at all, no heat, and the interiors would be very wet after finishing. I purchased a used Mytee lite ii for about $200. I tested it out, knowing the heater didn't work, but went on amazon and got a bucket heater. Then, my pump worked only intermittently, so I had to get a bleeder valve off mytee's site. It was the only place it was available so I had to pay like $8 + $15 for s+h. My vacuum then would quit on me, so I took it to my uncle who has electrical engineering experience. I cleaned the wire contact points, rewired, and put the heater switch where the pump was, since it wasn't being used, and switched the pump switch with the vac one, the vac worked again.

Case and point, buying a used extractor is a risk, but if you have mechanical/electrical experience or know someone that does, it may be worth it. Otherwise, I'd suggest saving up for a new unit and buying a rug dr. or bissell. Mine worked well for me for awhile.
That being said, I don't regret getting my my tee at all. The tank is bigger so I don't need to refill at all while doing a typical car, plus the suction and pump psi are amazing. The seats dry much faster, so it's easier to do customers' cars.

Hope this helps, sorry if it was wordy!