PDA

View Full Version : A little help with pollen questions

BTLew81
06-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Where I live I don't deal with pollen much. However, I was out of town this weekend and my car was COVERED with pollen. It rained on the way home today, so the car LOOKS better, but it appears that my two week old coats of reload have little beading like they did three days ago. So, anyone think a good wash will get the beading back, or is a new coat needed? I'm planning on using hyperwash at a ratio a bit stronger than normal.

Man....pollen stinks!

Evan.J
06-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Pollen kills any form of beading and sheeting. Washing the car will bring back both.

Klasse Act
06-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Pollen kills any form of beading and sheeting. Washing the car will bring back both.

I agree and this is why DG rinseless is so awesome, infused with AW!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

BTLew81
06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
I won't get to it until Monday night. Can't wait. It's killing me.

brondondolon
06-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Call me crazy but I feel like reload attracts pollen. I've never had a pollen issue ever. I applied reload two weeks ago and the next day I had a thick layer of pollen. I haven't washed the truck yet and I kid you not it's almost completely yellow.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

wdmaccord
06-01-2014, 11:04 PM
I won't get to it until Monday night. Can't wait. It's killing me.

You shouldn't need to use a stronger dilution of the hyperwash. Just a normal wash will remove the pollen and the beading will return. Rinseless wash will do the same but I make sure I have a lot of lubricity when I RW with pollen on the car. I spray each panel liberally with QD, then each MF gets zero ring out coming out of the bucket and I just drag the sopping MF towel folded in quarters, over the paint, so nothing more than weight of the towel on the paint. had to do this tonight since it was getting ready to storm when I was going to wash my car. Inspected afterwards and didn't notice any scratching. I use BFRW and for QD I use the BFRW at 1:10. 530 gsm MF.

mwoolfso
06-02-2014, 06:18 AM
Call me crazy but I feel like reload attracts pollen. I've never had a pollen issue ever. I applied reload two weeks ago and the next day I had a thick layer of pollen. I haven't washed the truck yet and I kid you not it's almost completely yellow.

I wouldn't blame reload. Pollen is very good at bonding to just about anything as it is "stickly" and "prickly" when you look at it under a microscope. And with the volume of pollen in the air I doubt any vehicle had a chance.

Google "pollen" and you will see how nature set plants up for success on this planet. :props:

96z28
06-02-2014, 10:50 AM
This past week the pollen has been terrible. I could see the wind kicking up clouds of pollen. My car was washed on Thursday and I sprayed it down with Meguiars D156. After 3 days of being outside my car was covered. But I did notice in an area on the roof I must have missed a spot or two when I used the spray wax, there was a few small section that had less pollen on it. My guess is certain products attract the pollen particles. I might try and do a more noticeable test and do half the hood or something and see if there is a big difference from applying the D156.

BlackRam
06-02-2014, 07:31 PM
I have cquk on my truck and i still get pelted with polleen.
Its awful

Desertnate
06-03-2014, 08:28 AM

I may not have anything to do with the products on the vehicle. This year our pollen counts have been though the roof. Each time I've detailed my cars, I've bad pollen build up WHILE I'M WORKING ON THE CAR! It's rather discouraging to be washing a car and have it start turning yellow before you are done drying.

wompasaurus
06-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Yeah the pollen is insane this year. Had to wash a car 3 times last week before I got it back to the client.

mwoolfso
06-04-2014, 06:53 AM
I may not have anything to do with the products on the vehicle. This year our pollen counts have been though the roof. Each time I've detailed my cars, I've bad pollen build up WHILE I'M WORKING ON THE CAR! It's rather discouraging to be washing a car and have it start turning yellow before you are done drying.

I just detailed my daughter's Elantra and can agree with you 100%. I told my wife we had a pollen storm on Monday and she looked at me like I had 2 heads. lol