PDA

View Full Version : AirDry .. what to use?

Pages : [1] 2

Badlilstang
06-01-2014, 02:35 PM
I don't want to drop 300$ on a metrovac so I was thinking Chemical guys electric blower or just a regular electric leaf blower. What do you guys recommend?

I had thought of picking up one of these..
http://www.amazon.com/Compact-High-Speed-Electric-Blower/dp/B00159X2PU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

TrolleyVW
06-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Many people use an electric leaf blower to blow dry a well maintained vehicle. Just make sure it is dedicated solely to this purpose as blowing any sort of particles at a high rate of speed will either force contaminants at the paint and make for scratches if wiped afterward or even worse, scratch the paint AS it's forced at the paint.

Cleanfreeek
06-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Hop on the highway ha ha ha.

That's what I do after a car wash when feeling lazy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badlilstang
06-01-2014, 03:05 PM
This one seems pretty powerful!

Toro Ultra 235 mph 390 CFM Electric Leaf Blower Vacuum-51609 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Ultra-235-mph-390-CFM-Electric-Leaf-Blower-Vacuum-51609/203222688)

builthatch
06-01-2014, 03:33 PM
This one seems pretty powerful!

Toro Ultra 235 mph 390 CFM Electric Leaf Blower Vacuum-51609 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Ultra-235-mph-390-CFM-Electric-Leaf-Blower-Vacuum-51609/203222688)

i've been using that exact one for several years. no issues, works well.

though it looks like it now comes with attachments/accessories that it didn't before. bonus for you if you decide to get it.

Zelfiris
06-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I use metro blaster sidekick to get water out of crevices then come back with a waffle weave towel

BobbyG
06-01-2014, 05:53 PM
You have a lot of options from very reasonable to somewhat pricy for home use.

Lowest Cost - Electric leaf blower

Pricy - Metro Master Blaster

Both have pro's and con's but both work very well.....

octane
06-01-2014, 06:04 PM
the one in your link to amazon is crap, it's the same thing as the chemical guy, the nozzle doesn't stay on, it makes a loud anoying noise, compared to my metro sidekick which has a much more pleasant noise, and it's a pain to use compared to the better products out there

Badlilstang
06-01-2014, 06:13 PM
I think I will go with the leaf blower. The Small Metro is just like my Data Vac I have at home and I don't see my self drying a whole car with it. I have Cquartz Finest on my car so I normally try to just air dry all of it. If I have to I will go back with a Dry Me Crazy towel and blot off the remaining water. I think I will pickup that Toro. From what I read online it seems to be their strongest model.

VISITOR
06-01-2014, 11:07 PM
go to walmart or sears and you can pick up a 150 mph leaf blower for right around or under $30...

FFguy808
06-01-2014, 11:49 PM
I use a $33 shop vac by using it's air blower in the back side, works for me:xyxthumbs:

Paulyfe12
06-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Blowers are extremely effective and I even use them myself on the door jam and wheels to quickly dry them and blow hidden water out of tight spots. But the down side is that your going to see something on the car, someones going to say something to you or something may happen to take your attention off of what your doing. Then the blower will be lowered down because that's or tendancy as humans. The grounds dirty and as soon as you blow that dust and dirt up then its in the air getting smashed into your paint. I've caught myself do it a few times. That's why I think hand drying is still the best way.Most folks dab with micros and it works very well. I personally use AMMO Hydrate and a damp microfiber. It does a few things at onces. 1: It revitalizes the wax that is currently on the car. 2: it allows you to safely pick up any dirt you may have messed in the wash without the risk of scratching the paint. And 3: it uses the water on the car to combine with the product to achieve the results. So the water isn't just removed, its also partially used to livin up your paint even more. Makes me feel good about drying my car and it actually makes the task go by very fast. Dry your car by hand in under 3 minutes if you got some pep in your step.

Badlilstang
06-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Blowers are extremely effective and I even use them myself on the door jam and wheels to quickly dry them and blow hidden water out of tight spots. But the down side is that your going to see something on the car, someones going to say something to you or something may happen to take your attention off of what your doing. Then the blower will be lowered down because that's or tendancy as humans. The grounds dirty and as soon as you blow that dust and dirt up then its in the air getting smashed into your paint. I've caught myself do it a few times. That's why I think hand drying is still the best way.Most folks dab with micros and it works very well. I personally use AMMO Hydrate and a damp microfiber. It does a few things at onces. 1: It revitalizes the wax that is currently on the car. 2: it allows you to safely pick up any dirt you may have messed in the wash without the risk of scratching the paint. And 3: it uses the water on the car to combine with the product to achieve the results. So the water isn't just removed, its also partially used to livin up your paint even more. Makes me feel good about drying my car and it actually makes the task go by very fast. Dry your car by hand in under 3 minutes if you got some pep in your step.

The ground is normally wet around the car after I washed it so I am not to worried about kicking up dust on the car. Even if I did the dirt won't get pushed into hte paint if I don't use a towel to dry it. I think im gonna pickup a toro leaf blower.

Paulyfe12
06-02-2014, 02:30 PM
tru, I usually drive my car into the garage first before I dry it. I sweep my garage but I know there is still stuff there. So I guess it kind pertains to me and what I do.

Badlilstang
06-02-2014, 02:35 PM
tru, I usually drive my car into the garage first before I dry it. I sweep my garage but I know there is still stuff there. So I guess it kind pertains to me and what I do.

I hate my garage.. its a 2 car garage but there is a split so its 2 seperate doors.. makes it impossible to pull into the center of the garage to give me room to work around the car. I will never buy a house with a setup like this again!