PDA

View Full Version : Bird crap shadowing

6thgear
06-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Is there a product I can use that can remove the shadowing of bird crap after I wash it off? I tried a clay bar and wax but no luck. Anything?

theblob640
06-01-2014, 01:52 PM
I think the shadowing you are talking about is the bird dropping etching into your clear coat. Unfortunately, only using an abrasive can remove it.

6thgear
06-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Ok what abrasive can I use?

theblob640
06-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Ok what abrasive can I use?

Depending on how long the dropping have been left to bake, you might need to wet sand. But as always, start off with the least aggressive. Try a light polish and polishing pad and move up to either a compound or more aggressive pad or both if the polish doesn't work.

brondondolon
06-01-2014, 03:11 PM
I just encountered the problem for the first time on a customers car. I used megs d151 which worked great on the car but didn't do a single thing to the bird etching. D151 has some pretty good correction abilities too so I'd be impressed to see if a compound could remove it since the D151 didn't do anything at all to it. Wet sanding seems like it might be the only alternative. I'm not comfortable wet sanding yet so needless to say the issue didn't get corrected.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

GettingStarted
06-01-2014, 03:28 PM
I just encountered the problem for the first time on a customers car. I used megs d151 which worked great on the car but didn't do a single thing to the bird etching. D151 has some pretty good correction abilities too so I'd be impressed to see if a compound could remove it since the D151 didn't do anything at all to it. Wet sanding seems like it might be the only alternative. I'm not comfortable wet sanding yet so needless to say the issue didn't get corrected.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

Thats interesting considering how much cut D151 has.

jamesboyy
06-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Like said its called etching and when I have these I will use a product called meguiars water spot remover you can get it from pepboys its in a dark reddish bottle and I remove these etching by hand with a old polishing pad you may have to do it a couple of times before its removed( depending on how long it was there)