PDA

View Full Version : The wax look cant be faked!

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
06-01-2014, 11:04 AM
My thoughts after using souvern wax. With all the coatings and sealants out, which are great, for DD and such. Here i will agree, you are looking for LONG TERM PROTECTION. But something is to be said for the look of a true wax. It cant be faked! It seems waxes are falling to the way side of all the current coatings and sealants. I guess each will always have their place in the detail world.

BF BLACK ICE and PINNACLE SYNERGY are two i would like to try. Hybrids. Where i guess you get the best of both worlds.

LRC3
06-01-2014, 11:09 AM
I agree, carnauba is like home made apple pie...

tpr1634
06-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Something to be said for the wet candle wax look, I prefer wax.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Souveran looks unbelievable on perfected black paint.

BlackICE and Synergy look incredible as well.

cheapbutshiny
06-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Completely agree! Like meguiars #26 I think it is...doesn't offer the protection that a lot of people are looking for, but it offers a glow that coatings and the like can't copy.

nubaseal
06-01-2014, 12:12 PM
It's form over function for me - waxing. I love the look of a good wax but sealants like Sonax PNS keep my car way cleaner.

HateSwirls
06-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Completely agree! Like meguiars #26 I think it is...doesn't offer the protection that a lot of people are looking for, but it offers a glow that coatings and the like can't copy.

I'm applying a coat of Meguiar's #26 yellow wax on my new Inferred 2014 Mirage, I did the hood a few minutes and wow what a great glow it gave me.

Kamakaz1961
06-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Wax IMO brings the depth and wet look of the paint. Nothing can come close. I apply a sealant 1st and then a wax. I love to try different waxes and see the results. You CAN see the differences of each wax. I am going to try Pinnacle Souveran as I read nothing but good things on AGO's threads. Just bought a jar because of the sale.

I have several jars just for the fun of it.

As for coatings...I guess I am in the minority as I do not believe in them.

I read constant problems with the coatings, I think I did not prep the coating right so it's dull looking, if your car gets scratched what to do, the shine is gone how do I get it back...etc. It seems like it is more work than a wax.

Bottom line: pro 4x is correct the wax look can't be faked!

:iagree:

JHL88
06-01-2014, 01:07 PM
I just ordered a tub of Souveran on the recent sale. Also picked up tub of AF Spirit & Son1c Phoenix. Can't wait to try them.

I like the look of sealants on lighter colors whereas wax looks better on Red/Orange/Darker colors.

WAXOFF
06-01-2014, 01:16 PM
I did my son in laws Camaro with Souvran last week came out great. The paint was swirled bad when I started but the Flex 3401 amd 3M #3 did the trick and then Souvran and CG's V07.

Klasse Act
06-01-2014, 02:06 PM
This is a good thread sure enough because if you like the look Meg's #26 gave your then new 90' Corvette, your going to love the way it looks on your retirement nestegg depleted 14' Corvette, so go for it. I guess it really comes down to the way you like your car to look, how often you wax and how big your arms are and/or want them to be. I for one lived through the era of Meg's #26 and loved using it because of how it smelled and because of the rep of Meg's. Flash forward to about 2005 where I found Klasse Sealant Glaze, game over! Then I found AG and it was like a parting of the sea, the rest of detailing world became available, better shine, easier shine, just everything made easier!

I will never go back, I'm done with carbs and love fuel injection!!!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

tiSS'er
06-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Options are always a great thing. Coating are the latest and greatest, but like you guys I enjoy the process of waxing/sealing my car. I have no personal experience with any of the new coatings, and frankly they scare me a bit.

Throwing a coat of nuba on monthly is relaxing, and nothing looks better than a freshly waxed car. I have been a big fan of M26 and Gold Class Caranuba Plus. I might branch out and try a more spendy product like Pinnacle or Blackfire. However, I always wonder just how much better they really are.

Pats300zx
06-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Souveran looks unbelievable on perfected black paint.

BlackICE and Synergy look incredible as well.

I completely agree. It a "head turner" on my black 305Z :dblthumb2:

hoyt66
06-01-2014, 03:17 PM
I love the look of carnauba and the garage therapy is priceless . But I'm a firm believer in " to each his own" especially when it comes to lsp's.

Munich77
06-01-2014, 03:21 PM
I love the look of carnauba and the garage therapy is priceless . But I'm a firm believer in " to each his own" especially when it comes to lsp's.

I totally agree - it is all personal preference. I like using OCW on my coated car. I like the idea of a coating to just have some permanent underlying protection for when the top coat fails :).