PDA

View Full Version : rawdetailtv.com

Pages : [1] 2

Calendyr
05-31-2014, 11:21 PM
So Garry Dean annonced he was putting together a training website for detaillers. I am curious to know if any of you guys are planning to subscribe?

I really like Garry. He is very down to earth and he does good work. I am mostly interested in the business aspect, I think I have the detailling techniques down. Maybe I could learn something from him, hard to say.

What about you guys?

brondondolon
05-31-2014, 11:32 PM
Thanks for sharing Ive yet to hear about this. I'm going to check it out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

VP Mark
06-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Hmm it really depends on what it costs. There is always something to learn from more seasoned detailers. As far as technique videos go however, they are a dime a dozen on free video sites.

Calendyr
06-01-2014, 11:28 AM
He talks about it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L989ovLypkQ

It's not available yet so I am not sure how much he plans to charge.

I agree that the price will determine if I subscribe or not. But considering the price will be reasonable, I am interested.

hernandez.art13
06-01-2014, 11:43 AM
He says in his FB page that he plans on doing 4-6 videos per week. Sounds like a great plan...

"I plan to do between 4 and 6 new videos per week."

thebamboo23
06-01-2014, 11:56 AM
love the idea on Garrys part.. he deserves to charge for info

but i personally would not buy it

mwoolfso
06-02-2014, 06:26 AM
I like Garry but I question the value-add with new videos being added to a somewhat saturated medium. I am interested to see if (and how) he differentiates in terms of content and distribution.

thebamboo23
06-02-2014, 12:08 PM
I like Garry but I question the value-add with new videos being added to a somewhat saturated medium. I am interested to see if (and how) he differentiates in terms of content and distribution.

x100.. with the amount of free videos, forums, articles, blogs, etc.. anyone who charges for instructional videos should be top notch. No fluff, good audio, video isnt the most important, video complemented with article/text, able to reach out to the instructor, etc...

my .02

CarolinasFinestDetailing
06-02-2014, 12:44 PM
I really want to take a hands on advanced paint polishing & sanding class.

hernandez.art13
06-02-2014, 01:05 PM
What type of videos would you guys like to see? And what would you guys like to watch to learn or be shown how to do?

Calendyr
06-02-2014, 05:58 PM
I doubt he can show any detailling technique I don't already know. On the other hand he has so much more experience that maybe I learn to do some things faster, or maybe better. So this could be interesting.

I am mostly interested about the business aspect. You know, finding clients, how he does the sales, how he interacts with clients, finding a good spot for a garage, etc.

RawDetail
06-03-2014, 07:56 AM
He stole our name! haha.

I think it's a good idea, however it's certainly something that needs to be produced to the best quality for people to take it seriously and judging by his current websites I think he may struggle in that aspect.

One other concern is pricing. People in this day and age aren't prepared to be spend a ton of money on video streaming websites as companies like Hulu and Netflix have set the mindset on what streaming videos should cost and as others have pointed out the internet is flooded with good instructional detailing videos.

Professional photographer Chase Jarvis did the same thing for photography in building CreativeLive.com however he has spent thousands and thousands to pull that off.

I wish him the best of luck, however I think it's only chance of succeeding will be if no costs are spared with the production and content.

Bunky
06-03-2014, 10:41 AM
I wish him the best of luck, however I think it's only chance of succeeding will be if no costs are spared with the production and content.

Every video I have seen is the "selfie" style - one arm holding the camera.

VP Mark
06-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Every video I have seen is the "selfie" style - one arm holding the camera.

I think it is pretty unjust to throw his project under the the bus based off of past videos. Let him launch the service before critiqing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

hernandez.art13
06-03-2014, 11:19 AM
I hope he has a sample video for all of us to get a preview of what he plans on providing.

Who knows maybe it'll be a YouTube sensation. :props: