PDA

View Full Version : Techniques Drying Off Car

Pages : [1] 2 3

RBJR
05-31-2014, 09:22 PM
Greetings All,

Whats your favorite?

I like using the Uber Super Drying Microfiber Towels and blot drying. Never dragging the towel across the paint. Follow up with a blower for those hard to get to places. Lug nut area's etc.

Has anyone used the Duragloss Plush Microfiber Drying Towel?

Thanks,

Ray

Evan.J
05-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Master Blaster and blot drying/pat drying with a MF towel

netoje
05-31-2014, 09:33 PM
Today I used the Supreme 530 extra large towel for drying my 2001 Ford Lightning. The towel handled the task with no problem. I would recommend it for sure.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

RevitalizeAutoSpa
05-31-2014, 09:40 PM
Toro 230mph electric blower and a waffle weave microfiber for the remaining drips.

jamesboyy
05-31-2014, 10:03 PM
If I got time to spare then I will blow dry the whole vehicle then blot the left over water waffle weave towel thought if I don't have much time then I will use a waterless wash to neutralize the water while blotting the water up with waffle weave towel

VISITOR
06-01-2014, 01:07 AM
sheeting method, leaf blower/master blaster, qd/spray wax wipedown which will get any remaining droplets. done.

Rmd
06-01-2014, 02:18 AM
sheeting method, leaf blower/master blaster, qd/spray wax wipedown which will get any remaining droplets. done.

^^this.

Paulyfe12
06-01-2014, 02:49 AM
AMMO Hydrate and a damp Micro fiber towel. Uses the water that's on the car during the drying process to both shine and revitalizes the wax that's already on the car.

silverfox
06-01-2014, 04:44 AM
In this order/preference for conventional washes...powered air dryer, dampened Korean made WW/drying aid or detail spray.

For rinseless or waterless...500-600 weight dampened Korean made MF towel.

jmsc
06-01-2014, 07:17 AM
I like using any MF 70%-30% blend for blot drying. Currently, using a very expensive SwissVax towel. Absorbs water well. Sheds little to no lint which is a big plus.

HateSwirls
06-01-2014, 09:13 AM
I start by using my leaf blower making sure I get most of the water from the car.
Then I use my soft Micro Fiber towels along with a quick detailer to remove any left over water and water spots.

Works for me:)

PA DETAILER
06-01-2014, 10:38 AM
1. Sheeting method! (Removes 80% of water)
2. Cobra ww towel. Ragg co. DRY ME A RIVER TOWEL. (The DMAR is the best i have used.
3. I will use some PRIMA WAX AS YOU DRY if needed during the final dry.
4. Dry wheels/tires last. Ready for opti-bond tire gel.

asalesagent912
06-01-2014, 11:03 AM
sheet the water off then blow dry and then use waffle weave for what ever is left

Tacket
06-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Anyone using distilled water as final rinse and then just air drying? I thought I might experiment with using some jugs of distilled water from the grocery store.

Paul A.
06-01-2014, 11:56 AM
I also use the sheeting or "drip" method followed by a blow dry. Whatever is left i blot with a WW MF towel. With a black car i have learned to reduce as much as possible any friction passes needed to wipe dry. I also wipe my tire sidewalls with an old bath towel to prolong my dressing a little longer. Sometimes i need to add some and sometimes i don't.

Tacket, i have never felt the need to go as extreme as distilled water rinses but i would like to see your results if you try it. Basically i don't have any water left on the vehicle to become spots but have certainly heard from others, especially in very arrid environments (AZ, NV, NM etc.) that might get some value out of such a test. I would think it might be too costly to do it every time but to those who suffer with spotting it may be worth it.