PDA

View Full Version : Steam machines

DirtyCurty
05-31-2014, 07:32 PM
Hey guys,

I just ordered the Hill Injection steamer from Dupray, should be in Monday. To those using a steam machine, have you found it decreases the time spent on a vehicle?

thanks

VP Mark
05-31-2014, 07:41 PM
Signifantely. They are the only way to attack a really nasty interior in a decent amount of time. Basically steam everything then dress and clean the windows and you are done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

DirtyCurty
05-31-2014, 08:49 PM
awesome thanks

SATracker
05-31-2014, 09:23 PM
It is amazing working on wheels & tires.

Wed Turner
06-01-2014, 04:31 AM
After watching some YouTube videos on how well steam works on leather I just had to try it. My mother in law has a little steam cleaner she used inside so I asked it I could borrow it. Set it up and used it on the drivers seat of my wife's 2006 RAV4 which has never been cleaned. Came out very nicely. A lot of dirt oil and grime came out of the seat. Than followed it up with come conditioner and she is very happy. Below is the steamer I used. Not ideal if you are doing this all the time but it gets the job done for a hobbyist like myself.

SYLVANIA - ITEM DETAIL (http://www.sylvaniaproducts.com/ItemDetail.aspx?ProductID=16)

Pureshine
06-01-2014, 10:46 AM
They save a lot of time,product and I couldn't be with out mine!

parttimer
06-01-2014, 11:18 AM
I wish I could get the hang of figuring out how to properly steam. I bought the new steamer everyone was talking about but can't seem to get the hang of it. I use the triangle attachment with terry cloth over it, scrub and steam, the terry cloth gets dirty but dirt stays. I sprayed with folex and tried and it just wouldn't disappear!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Wed Turner
06-01-2014, 02:33 PM
I wish I could get the hang of figuring out how to properly steam. I bought the new steamer everyone was talking about but can't seem to get the hang of it. I use the triangle attachment with terry cloth over it, scrub and steam, the terry cloth gets dirty but dirt stays. I sprayed with folex and tried and it just wouldn't disappear!

What are you trying to steam clean? Carpets?

DirtyCurty
06-01-2014, 07:57 PM

Which steam unit are you using?

parttimer
06-02-2014, 07:54 AM
I'm using the 1385 and tried both seats and floors. I sprayed with folex and tried the triangle head with terry over it, the terry was dirty but the stain stayed.

Dave Medvic
06-02-2014, 08:47 AM
I've been impressed with my Mytee Firebird steamer, I agree with the others here, it saves time. We had an interior Detail on a Yukon (cloth interior) yesterday that hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in 12 years. I used the carpet attachment fastened to my Maguire DA and sprayed with APC 1/10, wiped it down then steamed with APC. Incredible results...my extractor was waiting like a 9th inning closer but never got the call. I've finally earned enough to buy th VX- 5000 today so I'm excited I guess. For the guys having trouble with dirty interiors not coming clean, just repeat your steps your just pulling more dirt out with each pass so " out stubborn" it and use clean towels. The really bad cases need extraction though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

BeachZone
06-02-2014, 10:32 AM
I have the Dupray Hill injection and am 100% satisfied. I think you'll be very impressed with the cleaning ability, especially on leather.
I did send out my machine last week, though. The solenoid or valve inside the machine is stuck open :( halfway through an engine Detail. Really really upset me because the machine hasn't had more than 15 hours of use but what can ya do? Sometimes things fail. Sucks because it cost me $111 to ship it insured back to dupray!
Thankfully I have a tornador hooked to a 60 gal to finish the engine. Just can't stress enough how important it is to have multiple tools to get jobs done incase things like this happen, especially if you do this fora living!

-Beach