PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for longer lasting toppers for OC Pro?

Tacket
05-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Hello Folks!

Total noob here. I've got OC Pro on my black car -- I like the easy maintenance so far, but would like a topper just to give it a little more depth. I've been told that nothing will bond with OC Pro which I guess is the point with coatings. Are there any products that will last a bit longer than say Meg's Quick Wax? Perhaps Optimum Car Wax applied once a month? Just looking for that extra little bit of pop. It rains here a lot (Seattle) so I've noticed the 2 spray waxes I've used (Meg's and Griots) seem to only last a couple days.

Thanks y'all!

Niblick
05-31-2014, 03:03 PM
I'd recommend Dodo Juice acrylic spritz. It's like a quick detailer on steroids ;-). It's a water based sealant, so shouldn't react with the existing coatings but will give superb gloss and durability :xyxthumbs:

swanicyouth
05-31-2014, 03:50 PM
Sonax BSD does very will on OC. Not sure if it adds "depth", but it doesn't mess with the beading.

Quiksilver5882
05-31-2014, 04:16 PM
Sonax Polymer Netshield has my vote

RevitalizeAutoSpa
05-31-2014, 04:42 PM
Reload Spray Sealant, spray paint sealant, spray wax, CQuartz Reload (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-reload-spray.html)

FUNX650
05-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Optimum Opti-Seal and/or NanoSkin Shock Sealant...
Are two products that are highly recommended for:
"Topping" Opti-Coatings.

Bob

Rsurfer
05-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Sonax BSD does very will on OC. Not sure if it adds "depth", but it doesn't mess with the beading.

Sonax Polymer Netshield has my vote

:iagree:And you can maintain with their QD.

Tacket
06-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone. I have some research to do now.

Looking at the CarPro site, I'm intrigued by Hydro2 since I'm really trying to touch my paint as little as possible. Anyone top OC Pro with Hydro2?