PDA

View Full Version : Week long correction on everyday driver

frankprozzoly
05-31-2014, 06:54 AM
How would you protect an everyday driver that may take a week or two to completely correct. If you only have time to do a door or two would you just put down your LSP on those areas

silverfox
05-31-2014, 07:13 AM
I usually take 3 weekends to do a full detail on my car...in the spring. One weekend I'll wash, clay, and polish out all horizontal surfaces. Apply a quick spray wax.

Following weekend....wash, clay, and polish out all vertical surfaces.

Third weekend I'll wash, then hit the entire car with carpro eraser or DG squeaky clean, then apply LSP of my choice. I find this method allows me a near perfect result...and weather doesn't play much of a part as I'm not tied into having to rush or do it on one weekend.

frankprozzoly
05-31-2014, 07:21 AM
Good advice thanks

sproketser
05-31-2014, 07:28 AM
Great tips silverfox !

335iE90guy
06-04-2014, 11:11 AM
What silverfox said, right or wrong I like to work front to back or back to front, makes it less confusing to me when having to remember which body parts have been prepped/coated.

kevin_1981
06-04-2014, 02:30 PM
What silverfox said, right or wrong I like to work front to back or back to front, makes it less confusing to me when having to remember which body parts have been prepped/coated.

I do the same thing, however usually when I'm detiling my car, the paint is in bad enough condition that a light swipe with a finger easily determines which panels were finished (very smoooth)