PDA

View Full Version : What is the science behind quick detailer and no rinse washes?

Sunder92
05-30-2014, 12:49 PM
I know that they allow you the ability to clean a no-too-dirty surface safely, but what is the exact science behind it?

Like how are you able to remove the dust and dirty without scratching the paint?

I know it has something to do with the detailer or rinseless wash lubricating the surface, but can you please go more in depth?

I want to convince someone that it actually works and it would be helpful to know the science behind it when they ask how it is possible

Thanks!

FUNX650
05-30-2014, 01:07 PM
If it's OK with you...
Let's use Optimum's ONR as an example:

"The science behind this cleaning process is pretty simple.

When sprayed on a dirty surface: Surfactants break down the soil by releasing its surface tension or bond with the surface; polymers encapsulate the soil particles in the media used; and the polymers provide surface lubrication to enable safe residue removal...using a minimum amount of water...and without scratching/ marring.

A microfiber towel is then used to wipe away the dirt. A second dry microfiber towel is used to buff to a high shine.

This product also contains substantive polymers which bond to the paint and protect it during the wash."

^^^...And: :iagree: ...^^^

Who wants to argue with
*TOGWT or *Dr. G?

No...Not me!!

Bob

Note:
* = Sources

TuxedoTaurus
05-30-2014, 01:21 PM
These may or may not help

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23645-difference-between-normal-car-wash-waterless-car-wash-rinseless-car-wash-spray-detailer.html

Basically the polymers create a slick surface, and surficants dissolve and lift the dirt. The degree of dirt will decide whether a full wash, rinse-less, or qd will do the job.

Sunder92
05-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Thank you very much!