PDA

View Full Version : Perplexed

Blaze5154
05-29-2014, 01:01 PM
My girlfriend just bought a brand WHITE, 2014 VW Jetta TDI. I advised her to tell the dealer not to wash it but evidently this message was not relayed to the right people. The car had plastic wrap on it when purchased which was removed by dealer and the car was cleaned (a hack job was done to sum it up).
I washed the car, clayed it because the paint did not pass the Baggie test.

What I am perplexed about is should I use Wolfgang finishing glaze with a black Lake Country hybrid (powered by Flex) prior to going to Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant, or should I just skip the WFG step and go right WDGP?

cleanmycorolla
05-29-2014, 01:29 PM
You'll only know the answer if you do a test spot with your products to see what works best.

Blaze5154
05-29-2014, 01:35 PM
Thanks Chris. I am going to do a test spot and go from there. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question it is appreciated.

cleanmycorolla
05-29-2014, 01:38 PM
:xyxthumbs:
Thanks Chris. I am going to do a test spot and go from there. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question it is appreciated.

No problem, try several test spots, thats what i do, gives me more options and visually see what does better or might not!:xyxthumbs: WGFG is pretty mild, so you may need to step up slightly!

Blaze5154
05-29-2014, 01:51 PM
:xyxthumbs:

: WGFG is pretty mild, so you may need to step up slightly!

Maybe a dumb question, when you say step up are you referring to the speed of the machine or going to a more abrasive product? I guess it could mean both but just looking for clarity

cleanmycorolla
05-29-2014, 01:56 PM
Maybe a dumb question, when you say step up are you referring to the speed of the machine or going to a more abrasive product? I guess it could mean both but just looking for clarity

my bad, shouldve been clear, meant step up in polish. However pad too, can be both. I tend to try a different pad first before moving to a new polish.

Blaze5154
05-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks for clarifying that

Niblick
05-29-2014, 02:06 PM
if its been washed by the stealership, its probably best to rectify the paint before applying the sealant. if you just go for the sealant and then decided it doesn't look as good as it should, then you've wasted product and doubled your workload