PDA

View Full Version : Done with my Gas PW.. going Electric.. Help please!

Pages : [1] 2

Badlilstang
05-29-2014, 09:27 AM
I try to do my detailing in the AM which is hard to do with a gas powered unit. I wake up the neighbors. I am also tired of dealing with fuel and oil changes etc. I use an MTM Foam cannon and I have looked at a few models of Electric pressure washers. Please advise.. trying to stay below 300$. I realize it won't foam as well as my gas powered one but will still get some foam out of it.

I also read there are high pressure and low pressure MTM foam canons.. I saw a test of both on an 1800 psi 1.4gpm pressure washer. The Low pressure MTM Foam canon foamed MUCH better. Is there a way to confrim what model I have?

A few models I was looking at...

Sun Joe SPX3000 - Great reviews and specs are nice but measured output low?
AR Clean 383 - Good reviews, leaks but can be fixed, no quick disconnect setup
Green Works 1700-PSI 1.4-GPM - Lower specs but I have seen it recommended.
Karcher X Series 2000 - Mixed reviews on this one I have read.

trekkeruss
05-29-2014, 09:41 AM
If you're a Costco member, I would get the Simpson they sell for $139.99. Why? Because Costco has a lifetime satisfaction guarantee. If it ever fails, you can return it for a full refund or exchange.

Badlilstang
05-29-2014, 09:52 AM
If you're a Costco member, I would get the Simpson they sell for $139.99. Why? Because Costco has a lifetime satisfaction guarantee. If it ever fails, you can return it for a full refund or exchange.

Looking for max performance in my price range.. not so worried about it failing. I dont see an electric pressure washer from Simpson on the Costco site and the only pressure washer from Simpson I do see has horrible reviews.

trekkeruss
05-29-2014, 10:04 AM
I can't say if the Simpson at Costco has the max performance (it's 1700 PSI, 1.3 GPM), but I use it and it works great. It's not on the site, but sold in the stores. Everyone tells me you should be worried about an electric pressure washer failing, so that's why I went with the Costco Simpson.

DetailKitty
05-29-2014, 10:51 AM
I have the Greenworks and love it so far :dblthumb2:
Got a warranty with it to be safe through Lowes.

It doesn't have the highest specs, but it cleans like a m***** f*****!
Just my 2 cents :righton:

Badlilstang
05-29-2014, 11:04 AM
I have the Greenworks and love it so far :dblthumb2:
Got a warranty with it to be safe through Lowes.

It doesn't have the highest specs, but it cleans like a m***** f*****!
Just my 2 cents :righton:

How long have you had it? I keep reading the same thing on multiple sites about the Green Works getting internal leaks and losing pressure. It's not just a couple ppl saying this its A LOT of ppl saying this. Right now I am really leaning towards the Sun Joe because of the reviews and specs. Plus its 199$ free shipping.

DetailKitty
05-29-2014, 11:09 AM
How long have you had it? I keep reading the same thing on multiple sites about the Green Works getting internal leaks and losing pressure. It's not just a couple ppl saying this its A LOT of ppl saying this. Right now I am really leaning towards the Sun Joe because of the reviews and specs. Plus its 199$ free shipping.

Not that long. I can't speak for the long run yet, just how it's worked thus far.

autoguy
05-29-2014, 11:10 AM
I would suggest either a Karcher or AR. They seem to have the best track record from what I have read.

This might be a good place to look as well. Seems like a great way to compare these models you are considering.
Best Electric Pressure Washers - Top-Rated & Best-Selling Electric Pressure Washers (http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/stories/710-Top-Rated-and-Best-Selling-Electric-Pressure-Washers.html)

mwoolfso
05-29-2014, 11:29 AM
I just received my Sun Joe SPX3000 after losing my Karcher. Let me tell you what a breath of fresh air this device was in terms of power. PC Richards sells it online and I got it with 6 mos. no interest financing to boot. The noise level is also less compared to my Karcher and my old Husky. You receive several modular tips as well. Overall, the unit is a 9 out of 10. My only gripes are that the 20ft. power wash hose is about 5 ft. less than what I would prefer and the plastic connector mating the hose to the unit didn't cut it. I replaced that connector with a metallic one I had on my Karcher.

Nothing came close to the SPX3000 in terms of power and price; and to be fair I really wanted to move away from Karcher because I believe they are over-hyped these days.

Badlilstang
05-29-2014, 11:52 AM
I just received my Sun Joe SPX3000 after losing my Karcher. Let me tell you what a breath of fresh air this device was in terms of power. PC Richards sells it online and I got it with 6 mos. no interest financing to boot. The noise level is also less compared to my Karcher and my old Husky. You receive several modular tips as well. Overall, the unit is a 9 out of 10. My only gripes are that the 20ft. power wash hose is about 5 ft. less than what I would prefer and the plastic connector mating the hose to the unit didn't cut it. I replaced that connector with a metallic one I had on my Karcher.

Nothing came close to the SPX3000 in terms of power and price; and to be fair I really wanted to move away from Karcher because I believe they are over-hyped these days.

Yeah, I am reaidng the same thing about the Karcher units. They have some pretty bad reviews but I know a pro detail guy who loves them (when they work). I am really tempted to get the Sun Joe. The hose reels on the AR Clean are almost worthless because the unit is top heavy and likes to tip over. AR Clean has a hell of a track record though. I like that the Sun Joe has quick disconnect setup already. I had to add all that ot my lsat cheap unit. How is hte Sun Joe with the MTM foam canon?

Looks like I am down to these models...

Sun Joe SPX3000 - More powerful on paper and great reviews + quick disconnects
AR Clean 390 - amazing track record and quality.

builthatch
05-29-2014, 11:57 AM
my ol' electric Husky is still going strong but the internals have been noisy for a while so i researched a little while ago what i'll get to replace it if/when it fails.

i'm definitely going Sun Joe SPX3000, for what it's worth.

Gearhead
05-29-2014, 12:01 PM
If you have a harbor freight by you I would check them out. I know they sell pressure washers cheap. If worried about quality just get the warranty.

Kacz
05-29-2014, 12:04 PM
...Karcher X Series 2000 - Mixed reviews on this one I have read.

If you're talking about the K5.540, then that is the exact one I have.

My only complaint is it is top heavy and tips over easily if I pull on the hose too much. I have zero idea why I haven't bought an extension hose, but now that I'm thinking about it I may go buy one today. Also, where you wrap the electrical cord is a terrible design, so I bought a an extension cord wrap and just hook it to the washer.

Anyways, I can't comment on longevity as I've only had it for maybe 8 months...have used it 100s of times though. It really isn't loud at all.

I should say that I can't compare to other electric PWs as this is the first electric one I've ever used/had.

Badlilstang
05-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Going off everything said I plan to stick with the Sun Joe or AR Clean 390. I found the AR Clean 390 for 180 free shipping.. Sun Joe is 210 Free shipping. Both priced at the point I want.

Niblick
05-29-2014, 12:20 PM
I use a Karcher. I've been very happy with it so far but it's still a fairly noisy bit of kit tbh. I'm currently toying with one of these

KRANZLE Silent 122 Pressure Cleaner - 01925 44 44 64 (http://www.kranzle-pressure-washers.co.uk/kranzle-pressure-washers/cold-pressure-washers/kranzle-silent-122-pressure-cleaner-41221.html)

But that's a little over budget in this instance. If you do go down the Karcher route, be aware that you need to to make sure you drain it right down in the winter when you're not using it. The warranty won't cover frost damage, and it is an issue with them. I put a cheap tube heater in the garage to prevent it dropping below freezing after I had a problem.
Another thing to look at is hose length and whether or not it has a reel. It's one of those little things that makes a big difference. I upgraded to a 10m hose, and it makes life soooo much easier