PDA

View Full Version : Just how flexible is XMT360?

TCB
07-25-2007, 01:55 PM
For those of you with a LOT of experience with the 360 I was wondering how flexible you found it to be when it comes to matching with different pads to achieve the best cut.

I have used it a handful of times, mostly on cars with very light swirls & scratches. I am planning on doing an older car soon with some paint in pretty nasty/dull condition. I wasn't sure if 360 was going to be able to cut it with a black or yellow Edge pad.

Thoughts? Will it be enough or do I really need to get XMT3 or PB 2.5?

Mike T
07-25-2007, 02:31 PM
360 is pad dependent. So the more aggressive, the more cut.

D
07-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Keep in mind 360 has very fine abrasives, and fillers. How well 360 works depends on the pad, clear coat toughness, and condition of the paint. 360 wont take care of everything. I find it to work best on soft- medium clears. It wont remove everything on cars with hard clear and minor swirls.

So when it comes down to it, you really should get XMT 3 or PB2.5.

Rsurfer
07-25-2007, 02:46 PM
For those of you with a LOT of experience with the 360 I was wondering how flexible you found it to be when it comes to matching with different pads to achieve the best cut.

I have used it a handful of times, mostly on cars with very light swirls & scratches. I am planning on doing an older car soon with some paint in pretty nasty/dull condition. I wasn't sure if 360 was going to be able to cut it with a black or yellow Edge pad.

Thoughts? Will it be enough or do I really need to get XMT3 or PB 2.5?

If the paint is that bad, using 360 with a yellow pad may or may not work. You might have to go with xmt3 or 4. As you know least aggressive first. Good Luck. Post some pic.

TCB
07-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Keep in mind 360 has very fine abrasives, and fillers. How well 360 works depends on the pad, clear coat toughness, and condition of the paint. 360 wont take care of everything. I find it to work best on soft- medium clears. It wont remove everything on cars with hard clear and minor swirls.

So when it comes down to it, you really should get XMT 3 or PB2.5.

I've have used it on cars with a hard clear and 360 worked well, granted it hard minor swirls but it did work well.

Honestly I really don't want to buy an entire bottle of XMT3 or PB2.5 because I just don't see myself using it all that much. I might try to head over to the trade section and see if there is any there.

ScottB
07-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Over the weekend I used three AIO's... I found two will be my go to products. XMT clearly has some correction ability and nice finishing. ZAIO is about the easiest to use/buff off I have ever seen. I kinda pushed Optimum poly-seal to the side and I really considered it to be a great product. It just shows how far these have come lately.

D
07-25-2007, 05:51 PM
I've have used it on cars with a hard clear and 360 worked well, granted it hard minor swirls but it did work well.

Honestly I really don't want to buy an entire bottle of XMT3 or PB2.5 because I just don't see myself using it all that much. I might try to head over to the trade section and see if there is any there.

I can send some XMT 3.

TCB
07-25-2007, 06:33 PM
I can send some XMT 3.

Thanks! Mind if I come pick it up sometime this week? Might save you the hassle of trying to ship.

D
07-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Yeah that would be fine. I forgot you're from around here.