PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Cape

SRC
05-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Hello guys,

I'm just starting my detailing business and I am roaming Autogeekonline Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net) forum for more than 6 month now.

I already have some of the most important things to begin with the auto detailing but I know I will need more stuff so that's why I'm here to soak some of the immense amount of information on this forum.

Thanks to all you guys sharing your experience.

I have a lot of questions the answers of witch I hope to find here :).

So what I have for now is:

- Chevy Express 1500 Cargo Van
- Mytee Lite II Extractor
- Pro6 Continius Fill Vapor Steamer
- Vac'N'Blow Vacuum
- towels, brushes,natural chamois e.t.c
- some products
- buckets and wash mits

More that I know I need:

- 200 gal water tank (Don't know where to get it I cant find anything around Cape Cod)
- pump to get the water from the water tank to the pressure washer or hose
- pressure washer (I red ton of reviews and still don't know what to get)
- generator (I already spoke with local dealer and he has one Honda 3000i witch I am planing to get)
-still need shelving for the van (I don't know from where can I get it, but a lot of my friends are carpenters they can probably help me with that)

Let me know what i missed :)

For now I am focusing on interior detailing (and a good exterior wash) but I have few cars and I can try whatever I want on them (they are work cars). Let me know what do you think are the best options for exterior polishing.

I appreciate all suggestions please let me know what you think.

-

jamesboyy
05-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Welcome to autogeek it looks good so far

trekkeruss
05-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Welcome to AGO!

I'm not a pro, but I think it's more prudent to start small than invest a ton of money and start off in a big hole.

From what I gather from reading other posts by those in the business, a 200 gallon tank would be waaay overkill. A lot of guys don't even bother with carrying water or having a generator; they just hook up to the customer's faucet and outlet.

SRC
05-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Welcome to AGO!

I'm not a pro, but I think it's more prudent to start small than invest a ton of money and start off in a big hole.

From what I gather from reading other posts by those in the business, a 200 gallon tank would be waaay overkill. A lot of guys don't even bother with carrying water or having a generator; they just hook up to the customer's faucet and outlet.

I forgot to mention that I and my wife have a very successful house and windows cleaning business and I also do the cars of most of our clients so I have some experience not with the high end detailing but I'm aiming for that because in the area where I am located there is not many detailers (close to none and most of the people need it).

Thanks for the feedback I will have this in mind.

trekkeruss
05-28-2014, 01:45 PM
Well, if you're going the route of a tank and pressure washer, you may as well get a foam cannon. Not only is it fun to use (I just got one myself), it's faster, safer, and will impress the heck out of your clients.

GS2011
05-28-2014, 02:01 PM
:welcome:

BobbyG
05-28-2014, 02:08 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online ! :props:

DaHen
05-28-2014, 02:39 PM
:welcome: to the forum.

SRC
05-28-2014, 03:33 PM
Well, if you're going the route of a tank and pressure washer, you may as well get a foam cannon. Not only is it fun to use (I just got one myself), it's faster, safer, and will impress the heck out of your clients.

I was looking in to the foam cannon and I will defensively get it! Thanks

TuxedoTaurus
05-28-2014, 03:45 PM
:welcome: to AGO!

The nice thing is you should already have most if not all products for the interior already. Bets wish on the expansion, and looking forward to some pictures of your jobs.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-28-2014, 11:07 PM
Hi, welcome to AGO!

EVOlved
05-29-2014, 12:29 AM
Welcome and I am originally from the cape myself what part are you in? I end up there a couple times a year because my family is still up there.