PDA

View Full Version : Wash the pads for my Polishin' Pal

cmn
07-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Can I wash my pads for the Polishin' Pal in the washing machine? I can't the the Liquid Souveran out of it by washing it in the sink..

Al-53
07-25-2007, 01:29 PM
yes...you can machine wash....did you try dawn to wash in the sink....it works..also Dawn Power Disolver...or even a APC will work..let it soak for a few minutes....

Al

Nica
07-25-2007, 02:15 PM
This is an interesting topic as I'm just about to run out of XMT pad cleaner, Al you mentioned you can use APC how exactly do you clean the pads with APC...is the APC diluted? If so what ration 10:1, 3:1. What other products could you use to clean foam pads/wool pads, in general I supose. Sorry I don't mean to high jack the thread but it kinda goes together.

Rey05
07-25-2007, 02:34 PM
I have been using the dawn power dissolver on my pads and they get them really clean. I just make sure to get all the soap out afterwords.

Al-53
07-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Nica...I use LA awesome APC....I use it full strength..I spray it on...let it set a few minutes and then throw in the machine....you can try a 3:1 with the Megs you have....if you do them by hand Nica...spray...let sit a few and then wash with dawn....I have cut Collinite this way and pads are clean....for just polishes...Dawn works..no need for APC...or use Dawn Power Disolver....

Only wax needs a little help getting out....some polishes stain..do not worry about the stains....it means nothing...XMT 360 stained one of my white pads...

AL

Nica
07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Sounds good, I'll give that a try Al. Thanks for the info bro.

klumzypinoy
07-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Wax is the only stubborn stuff for me. I use Dawn Power Dissolver for waxed up pads.

cmn
07-26-2007, 03:08 PM
The only thing now, is that I have NO idea of what APC or Dawn Power Dissolver is. :p I just know we don't have it in Norway.. hehe. I'll do some
"google'ing" and try to find something that would be equal to these here in Norway. :)

Al-53
07-26-2007, 03:18 PM
just use dish soap on them..it will clean them....if it cuts grease on pots and pans it will clean your pads...Dawn is a dish soap here in the US....and work fine cleaning pads.....

APC is a all purpose cleaner...

even a citrus cleaner works....

Al

cmn
07-27-2007, 08:45 AM
just use dish soap on them..it will clean them....if it cuts grease on pots and pans it will clean your pads...Dawn is a dish soap here in the US....and work fine cleaning pads.....

APC is a all purpose cleaner...

even a citrus cleaner works....

Al

Thanks! Thought APC was some brand too :o I'll find something to clean them with :D

LazerRed1
07-27-2007, 09:41 AM
I saw this warning on a site where I just purchased some LC CCS pads.

WARNING: Never clean foam pads or soak foam pads in dishwashing soap (Dawn) or laundry detergents. These detergents will attack the glue that holds the Hook and Loop backing material. Soak pads in a car wash shampoo or use ************** Pad Cleaning Powder.

I always use a pad cleaner then finish off with Dawn. Anyone had a problem using Dawn?

67Customs
07-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Nica...I use LA awesome APC....I use it full strength..I spray it on...let it set a few minutes and then throw in the machine....you can try a 3:1 with the Megs you have....if you do them by hand Nica...spray...let sit a few and then wash with dawn....I have cut Collinite this way and pads are clean....
I'm going to try this the next time I use Collinite. I always have a heck of a time getting it out of the applicator.

It is a true testimony to the product though.:applause:

I always use a pad cleaner then finish off with Dawn. Anyone had a problem using Dawn?
I use LC pads and I haver never had a problem using Dawn.

FMINUS
07-28-2007, 07:44 PM
I saw this warning on a site where I just purchased some LC CCS pads.

WARNING: Never clean foam pads or soak foam pads in dishwashing soap (Dawn) or laundry detergents. These detergents will attack the glue that holds the Hook and Loop backing material. Soak pads in a car wash shampoo or use ************** Pad Cleaning Powder.

Good to know

Al-53
07-28-2007, 07:55 PM
This was on CMA site..they have a backing problem on the pads they have...they have been getting alot of returns on glue issues...

But I have used dawn or a APC for years on pads and never a issue....

AL