PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got feedback about this product on Rims?

Derek Short
05-28-2014, 01:56 AM
Looking to help keep my rims looking cleaner longer and avoid that awful brake dust the best I can. Wouldn't mind also finding a product I can apply to my calipers as well.

Here is a link to the Product on AG. Only found reviews on their site about how it works with plastics...

CQuartz DLux Plastic & Wheel Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-dlux.html)

If anyone has another product they recommend I'd be interested in hearing.

EVOlved
05-28-2014, 02:11 AM
Opticoat, I know DLUX is mentioned for wheels but I haven't really read any reviews on it for that application.

Derek Short
05-28-2014, 02:33 AM
Thanks I will look into opticoat as well.

Sherif
05-28-2014, 06:05 AM
Opticoat, I know DLUX is mentioned for wheels but I haven't really read any reviews on it for that application.
+1 for Opti-Coat on Wheels, Dlux is great for trim.

Setec Astronomy
05-28-2014, 06:09 AM
Yeah it's funny how DLux is recommended for wheels in the product blurb but no one seems to use it that way. I also use Opti-Coat on wheels, but I don't see why DLux wouldn't work well.

gibson24
05-28-2014, 08:57 AM
I use Chemical Guys Wheel Guard for added protection. Any brake dust cleans off with ease

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AG Online

gibson24
05-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Opti-coat or pro grade Opti-coat would be the best product to have applied.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AG Online

Jaretr1
05-28-2014, 09:14 AM
I have used Dlux on all my trim, but not on my wheels. I use CarPro HydrO2 on my wheels since it is a spray on spray off product. Since wheels have so many nooks, crannies, curves, indentations etc, not having to touch them makes life so much easier.

Dr_Pain
05-28-2014, 09:15 AM
I would (and do) use CQuartz UK for rims (or CQuartz Finest since I am an installer).

The DLUX product is for the tire not the rim, since it is designed to apply to hard plastic and rubber.

05-28-2014, 10:36 AM
One more thing you may want to consider is the actual brake pads itself. The stock pads for my Brembos dust list crazy, I'm talking about just driving to the grocery and back. I've since changed to Ceramic pads and now brake dust is ever so slight yet I still have the bite of the Brembo's.

I currently have Pinnacle Black Label wheel coating on my rims and Brembo Calipers and it works great! Opticoat or CQ UK is another option. Opti being permanent...

Setec Astronomy
05-28-2014, 10:42 AM
The DLUX product is for the tire not the rim, since it is designed to apply to hard plastic and rubber.

From the product page here at Autogeek:

"Apply CQuartz DLux to wheels to block out brake dust and cut your cleaning time in half."

Dr_Pain
05-28-2014, 10:53 AM
From the product page here at Autogeek:

"Apply CQuartz DLux to wheels to block out brake dust and cut your cleaning time in half."

I stand corrected then.... but have never used or seen other apply this product on rims (although according to Carpro it is formulated for metal, clear, chrome etc..)

Derek Short
05-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

As of right now I seem to be leaning a little more toward the opti coat.
But have a few more questions about the product....
-How easy is it to apply?
-I am worried about possible messing up and leaving streak marks from applying it or the surface not looking or feeling smooth and glossy...

If I do end up going with opti coat or what ever product I choose I plan to do my wheels and brake calipers first and then possibly thinking about doing my paint. Likely doing the back bumper first and thats is where the dust on my car always seems to get attracted to.

-When applied to paint does or will you paint surface still feel smooth and silky like it does with wax? and will it still have a glossy look to it like it was just waxed?