PDA

View Full Version : At Disney World and this is kinda killing me

Pages : [1] 2

Riff
05-27-2014, 09:49 PM

Right outside the Pop Century resort. Somebody needs to shine this thing up and put it in a garage!

TuxedoTaurus
05-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Any time I see neglected classics I shed a tear.

jamesboyy
05-27-2014, 09:56 PM
I know what you mean it breaks your heart seeing a classic car begin beat up by UV rays maybe the owners need to be bitten by the autogeek(auto detailing) bug

FUNX650
05-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Good to see someone enjoying an iconic sportscar! :xyxthumbs:
{You sure can't take 'em with ya when you go.}

Bob

Chase.Detailing
05-27-2014, 10:11 PM
I kinda doubt it's operational. And plus, hundreds of thousands of kids and parents get to see this car and enjoy it. (Kids especially, "look mommy lightning McQueen!")

TuxedoTaurus
05-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Good to see someone enjoying an iconic sportscar! :xyxthumbs:
{You sure can't take 'em with ya when you go.}

Bob

No but they should be willed to someone that appreciates them and not end up in a barn or over grown with weeds, even like above.

Anyone reading and wants to get rid of a classic I will happily give it a loving home.

FUNX650
05-27-2014, 10:32 PM
No but they should be willed to someone that appreciates them and not end up in a barn or over grown with weeds, even like above.
•So someone has their Classic out
in the World for a little while...
-Biggie do.

•That's what I was alluding to.
-Enjoy them, instead of having them locked up in a barn somewhere growing cobwebs.

•Probate Court will help determine any heirs' claims.
-Who knows...
That may be how this vehicle's current owner was chosen.

Bob

conman1395
05-27-2014, 11:21 PM
It's like the Chevy Bel-Air at World's of Fun

Riff
05-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Maybe it's on loan and will get a full restoration down the road sometime. Who knows? I might ask around to see what I can find out.

TuxedoTaurus
05-27-2014, 11:53 PM
•That's what I was alluding to.
-Enjoy them, instead of having them locked up in a barn somewhere growing cobwebs.

Bob

Yeah like my uncle who had me detail his 71 Chevelle SS w/ a 454. After it is done to enjoy it he decides to do a burnout, and throw rubber all over the quarter panels. He pulls up and says I missed a spot.

EVOlved
05-28-2014, 01:52 AM
Yeah like my uncle who had me detail his 71 Chevelle SS w/ a 454. After it is done to enjoy it he decides to do a burnout, and throw rubber all over the quarter panels. He pulls up and says I missed a spot.

That's hilarious. Hey that's what that car was built for if you didn't expect him to drive it well that's on you ;). You should just teach him how to take care of it after he does so.

Riff
05-28-2014, 09:04 AM

Haha! I would have been screaming, nnnnioooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Tell him to let you put some tape on the quarters before he does that next time.

wdmaccord
05-28-2014, 09:12 AM

:applause:

Love those classic GM cars. Watched an Overhaulin marathon over the weekend and it was mostly old GM classics - Chevelle, Nova, Firebird. There was Coronet that turned out really nice also. Some of the old Mopar's are tough to beat when it comes to classics!

FUNX650
05-28-2014, 09:27 AM
Seems like every family has a "silly-acting" Uncle!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image321.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/76980)

Bob

TuxedoTaurus
05-28-2014, 10:00 AM
No family is complete without one. He was the one who got me really into cars. I helped him build the motor when I was 14. I loved how I pretty much stand in the motor compartment and work on it. I was amazed the pistons were like the size of my head. The motors were extremely simple compared to rebuilding my brothers 01 Mustang. I cleaned it off and he said "Its a race car not a show car, and all these cars should have some rubber there".