PDA

View Full Version : Another topping question.

slantram
05-27-2014, 09:19 PM
I've done my car with Wolfgang SG 3.0. Now if I add Fuzion on top of that will it affect the longevity of the SG 3.0 ? Thanks, slantram.

FUNX650
05-27-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Wax over a Sealant...

How long are you going to allow
WGDGPS 3.0 to cure beforehand?

Bob

slantram
05-27-2014, 10:43 PM
It's already cured two days in the garage.

FUNX650
05-28-2014, 03:49 AM
It's already cured two days in the garage.
That's Great!
Now you can do whatever you want to do with it. :xyxthumbs:

Bob

Mike Phillips
05-28-2014, 06:49 AM
What are you working on?

:)

O'DubhGhaill
05-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Related concern: I applied the WGDGPS3.0 to the entire vehicle, waited more than one hour before wiping it off, then approximately 3-4 hours after the wipe off, I applied Fuzion. Did I compromise the sealing quality of the 3.0 by applying the Fuzion so soon? I had no choice in the matter, as I did not have an opportunity to complete the waxing the next day. Thanks in advance.

FUNX650
05-28-2014, 12:28 PM
Related concern: I applied the WGDGPS3.0 to the entire vehicle, waited more than one hour before wiping it off, then approximately 3-4 hours after the wipe off, I applied Fuzion. Did I compromise the sealing quality of the 3.0 by applying the Fuzion so soon? I had no choice in the matter, as I did not have an opportunity to complete the waxing the next day. Thanks in advance.
Too bad that you couldn't allow for the 12 hour cure-time.
A lot of folks seem to be running into similar situations lately.

The Sealant will start "cross-linking and bonding" at the onset of its application.
But it's those last few curing hours (final % of cross-linking/bonding) that's needed to provide the optimum durability and other Sealant qualities such as resistance to many solvents.

But...thankfully:
The light at the end of the tunnel is not currently turned off.

In a few short weeks most of the Fusion will have eroded to the point where a car washing session and a mild polish will remove its remnants, allowing for another go-round with the WGDGPS.

Only this time with the:
12 hours for cure-time...Correct? :D

Bob

slantram
05-28-2014, 01:30 PM
What are you working on?

:)Just my old 2005 PT Cruiser ! ! Gotta make it last !

Mike Phillips
05-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Just my old 2005 PT Cruiser ! ! Gotta make it last !

With all this polishing and waxing my guess is it's the best looking PT Cruiser in your town if not in the state.

Picure?

:xyxthumbs:

expdetailing
08-25-2014, 11:31 AM
This is just a hypothesis, but....Carnuba wax on the tree's leaves allows for oxygen to reach the leaf itself, so maybe the sealant below just cures slower?

trekkeruss
08-25-2014, 11:45 AM
This is just a hypothesis, but....Carnuba wax on the tree's leaves allows for oxygen to reach the leaf itself, so maybe the sealant below just cures slower?

Maybe, but there's more ingredients in carnauba wax than just the carnauba.

FUNX650
08-25-2014, 02:55 PM
I believe I understand your premise.

However:
I thought trees' leaves/roots/etc. takes-in (Sun)light, carbon dioxide...and water.
Then through photosynthesis: these elements are converted to "food" for the tree...with the left over oxygen, thankfully, being released so we may have the oxygen/"air" mix...so we can breathe.

Back to your premise...And: If I may paraphrase:

Automotive-Sealants' Curing when topped with Waxes
•Car Waxes are, basically, considered: "water proof". That's a good thing.

But:
•Are automotive-Waxes porous enough to allow air to pass through them...to assist in a Sealant's curing?

•Are there automotive-Sealants that do not require "air" to cure?

Just a couple things to ponder.

Bob

blown03
08-28-2014, 06:32 AM
I've had to do that before as well, sometimes time doesn't allow for the full recommended curing time . I have a question , wouldn't the temp and humidity play a big part in cure time? Whether it be slower , or faster ?

D