PDA

View Full Version : What are you watching? TV or what? (Orphan Black - Clone Club Junkie!!!!!!!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

cardaddy
05-27-2014, 07:40 PM
OK, so we have a long standing thread on what we are listening to. Right?
But for me to keep up with that I'd have to post every darned song. For instance... I've got 2 Pandora accounts, but many days I'll just do a "mix" and let it play anything it comes across. My music tastes run from 50's Bee-Bob, to 60's Rock, 60's R&B, Funky Town, 70's Rock (really love 60's and 70's), well actually any Rock, literally from the 50's to modern day. Same thing for Country (old and new), some (but not much) easy listening, throw in a few Motown hits, some disco (gotta' love the BeeGee's! ;) Oh and don't forget BB King, Buddy Guy and the like. Even some jazz isn't bad, (as long as it isn't one of those tracks that drag on like there is a room full of guys tuning their instruments, most of them to a different song, and a different beat. :rolleyes:

But THIS thread is about what do you like to WATCH?

Admittedly I'm a TV junkie. BIG TIME! Doesn't matter if it's network TV shows, cable, BBC, movie channels like HBO, Showtime, etc. Having a background both loving surround sound, as well as owning my own company that designed and sold Home Theaters, (from entry level to over $100K) I just love anything on the screen, really. ;) We had our first 61" flagship Mitsubishi screen in the 80's and our main screen for the last 10 years is a 73". (Next one will be 81" or larger.) :)

As for what we have to view with/from... we're also DirecTV tried and true. Currently we have 11, yes that's ELEVEN tuners of DVR to use all at once. (Two 2-tuner units and a 5-tuner unit.) All of the DVR's are available anywhere in the house as well. :) Plus we have 4 more tuners, so the multi-switch 'sees' a total of 15 tuners! (Any more upgrades and we'll have to cascade our multi-switch's for something like 4-in 24-out. Never know when you want to watch something and all the tuners are busy recording. :laughing: As of now we probably have 300+ hours of either archived shows (and ESPECIALLY concerts) as well as weekly series recorded on our machines. :rolleyes:

So anyhow, the recent thread about your favorite 5 car shows on TV got me to thinking about this thread. (Well actually I thought about it months ago, but oh well.... here we are.) :rolleyes:

Right now, without a doubt Orphan Black is one of the BEST SHOWS ON TELEVISION! If you haven't seen it, you NEED to find it. It's on BBC America, but you'll need to go back and watch all of last season. Really easy to find if you have a DVR system as most these days have VOD so you can download old shows. If you can find any of the "extras" get them too!!!!! Not since Breaking Bad has there been a show that has this type of writing. But the key is the main character, the rolls she plays, and the technology they use to make it happen.

On a less serious note, (as in humorous) you've gotta' watch Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.

OK, so that's a start, what say the rest.......?:dblthumb2:

longdx
05-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Agreed on Orphan Black. Tatiani is incredible in her ability to make every clone distictly different. She is a very talented actress.

My List:
Game of Thrones (although I am one season behind)
Boardwalk Empire (same)
The Walking Dead (last season really elevated the show)
Orphan Black ( I like intelligent sci-fi and this has it in droves)
Hell on Wheels

Lints
05-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Fargo is really drawing my attention

mrclean
05-27-2014, 09:45 PM
the nba playoffs.
lets go heat!

cardaddy
05-27-2014, 09:54 PM
Agreed on Orphan Black. Tatiani is incredible in her ability to make every clone distictly different. She is a very talented actress.

My List:
Game of Thrones (although I am one season behind)
Boardwalk Empire (same)
The Walking Dead (last season really elevated the show)
Orphan Black ( I like intelligent sci-fi and this has it in droves)
Hell on Wheels

Oh I agree with Game of Thrones & Boardwalk Empire! The way that Daenerys Targaryen has turned from being handed to a barbarian, by HER BROTHER (no doubt) to The Mother of Dragons is stellar! And I jumped and cheered when Joffrey..... (better not say.... if you've not seen it yet). ;)

But if Tatiana doesn't win a $hitload of awards for her AMAZING work on the show (hopefully over the mext 4~5 years) there simply isn't any justice in the world!

Hell on Wheels I've not seen that many though. And The Walking Dead I figured I may start on over the summer. (But that genre is a bit out of my rleam.) Yet True Blood I've watched from day one! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

longdx
05-27-2014, 11:58 PM
@Lints:
I am on episode 3 of Fargo. So far, it is brilliant

GettingStarted
05-28-2014, 12:13 AM
Now that SuperNatural is over I need to find something to tide me over until next season.

hernandez.art13
05-28-2014, 01:38 AM
I don't watch TV anymore. Everything I do is on the internet now.

I am currently watching House of Cards on Netflix. I am on Season 2 ep. 11

cleanmycorolla
05-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Game of Thrones
Silicon Valley
Modern Family

Thats all I have watched lately!

trekkeruss
05-28-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm a bit of a Japanophile, so I watch a lot of the NHK World channel and their shows Begin Japanology (now called Japanology Plus), Tokyo Eye, Journey's in Japan, Seasoning the Seasons, Cool Japan, and a few others.

Last night I watch a History Channel show, The World Wars. It's a three part miniseries that concludes tonight. It's pretty good.

Lanceb028
05-28-2014, 09:55 AM
My fiance loves Orphan black, she cant stop watching it

as for myself, gang related has caught my attention

basically fast n loud and any other crime investagtion show that comes on lol

Lanceb028
05-28-2014, 09:57 AM
oh yeah and Pawn Star some cool stuff on that show

cardaddy
05-28-2014, 12:13 PM
I don't watch TV anymore. Everything I do is on the internet now.

I am currently watching House of Cards on Netflix. I am on Season 2 ep. 11

Art, you REALLY need to find Orphan Black! :props: Although, there was an article where Netflix lost it. :( But OMG is it not just good writing, but the way it's put together is really something to binge on. (I watched all last season in 2 days a few weeks ago!) :laughing:

I'm a bit of a Japanophile, so I watch a lot of the NHK World channel and their shows Begin Japanology (now called Japanology Plus), Tokyo Eye, Journey's in Japan, Seasoning the Seasons, Cool Japan, and a few others.

Last night I watch a History Channel show, The World Wars. It's a three part miniseries that concludes tonight. It's pretty good.

Oh The World Wars, I'm recording those. Over the weekend WWII in HD was on, I've seen it before, but watched a bunch of it yet again. What a perspective! My Father was a CPO on a DE at many of those battles in the South Pacific so it has a special interest to me. I've also got "The Pacific" on Blu-ray, was a Christmas gift a couple years ago. :)

cardaddy
05-28-2014, 12:17 PM
oh yeah and Pawn Star some cool stuff on that show

Funny you mention Pawn Stars. My brother-in-law (was a CFO at Coke for 18 years now works in Anaheim as yet another VP/CFO) and I were talking about it last Christmas. He talked about waiting in line to get in, taking his son etc. Then I mentioned it was actually a pretty nice place, to which his reply was "It's a DUMP!" You see.... he's not ever been to any pawn shops before, (well beneath him). For a pawn shop.... that place is a PALACE! :laughing:

runrun411
05-28-2014, 12:36 PM
The Sopranos.