PDA

View Full Version : Wheel scratches

frankprozzoly
05-27-2014, 10:51 AM
I have a 13 accord. How can I get scratches out of my wheels. Can they be compounded and polished with paint products. Theres obvious clear coat on the wheel im just not sure all of the wheel is clear. Maybe someone out there has an accord sport.

sproketser
05-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Please post some pix , someone will be able to help you .

Or a Wheels Refinisher close to your place .

frankprozzoly
05-27-2014, 11:44 AM
I don't think the scratches will show up on a camera but I'll give it a shot.

hammy1983
05-27-2014, 12:28 PM
I had some pretty deep crazy scratches on one of my silver elantra rims. I wet sanded with 1000 then 2000 until smooth. This took off some of the paint so I matched it and went to work with the smallest paint brush I had. once this was done I sanded it very lightly with 3000 which didnt go through. then I used the clear coat side of my touch up pen and it blended in almost perfectly.
If your rims are the standard none painted accord rims, they might have clear but you could sand them and polish them all. the sanding, if you work in progression from harsh areas to easy should come out and be almost flawless if your final pass is with 300 grit. then buff. I'd use the CG or mothers wheel ball.

jamesboyy
05-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Most wheels these days have a primer, base and clear coat therefore treat the wheels like its regular paint if your nail catch then sand it down if it don't then compounding and polish should do the trick