PDA

View Full Version : "Cloth Baby Diapers" vs MicroFiber

TuxedoTaurus
05-27-2014, 10:46 AM
When I first started getting into detailing I used the cloth baby diapers for final wipes and buffing. Then when microfiber came on the scene I went with that. However on glass I always use the diaper clothes as they seemed better at cleaning glass than MF, for me anyways.

Any one else ever use these or something similar?

Thoughts, opinions?

cleanmycorolla
05-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Try fast glass towels, you'll never use diapers again.

jwgreen6
05-27-2014, 11:18 AM
I was told diapers belong on two legged babies; not 4-wheeled babies because most cloth diapers were a polyester type material and would scratch the finish.

Niblick
05-27-2014, 11:42 AM
i find a waffle weave cloth to be a huge improvement over the regular microfibre cloths. never tried a baby diaper tbh

trekkeruss
05-27-2014, 12:43 PM
I was told diapers belong on two legged babies; not 4-wheeled babies because most cloth diapers were a polyester type material and would scratch the finish.

Microfiber cloth is primarily polyester, so it is not the material. The problem with diapers is the cloth has no pile, so there is no place for debris to go except be dragged across the surface of the paint. Diapers sould be fine on glass though.

TuxedoTaurus
05-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Microfiber cloth is primarily polyester, so it is not the material. The problem with diapers is the cloth has no pile, so there is no place for debris to go except be dragged across the surface of the paint. Diapers sould be fine on glass though.

I should have clarified that they are used for polishing to remove streaks for final wipe.