PDA

View Full Version : Griot's 6" repair

wdmaccord
05-27-2014, 08:55 AM
For those of you that have had to send in your GG polisher to Griot's for repair or replacement under warranty, just wondering how long it usually takes? I sent it in 2 Monday's ago and it got to them that Wednesday. So this Wednesday (tomorrow) will be 2 weeks. Supposed to have a detail this weekend. I can call them, but thought I would get some input here first before I bother them.

Audios S6
05-27-2014, 09:34 AM
I don't remember exactly how long, but it was 2-3 weeks. I did not get any kind of notofication as to what was going on...the repalcement just showed up at my door.

swanicyouth
05-27-2014, 09:36 AM
I dropped mine and put a dent in the shroud - so its a bit out of round. I dont think it affects anything, just cosmetic. Wonder if they can sell me the part, or if these things just come as built up units from China?

Anyone know?

BlackRam
05-27-2014, 01:48 PM
I mailed mine in on Monday May 12th, it was signed for them in IL on Wed.
It was then reshipped out Tuesday/Wed may 20th/21st and I received it on friday may 23rd. i called and spoke to a rep, they had to find me in their syste, as i bought it through a whole saler, in this case it was palm beach motor group (autogeek).
i talked to one of the customer svc reps and she was super friendly. she had to email the returns dept for my status, but they provided me with a tracking # and everything.
all in all, very pleased with how the process was treated

wdmaccord
05-27-2014, 05:57 PM
That's about the same timeline as mine. They shipped on the 22nd and I'll have tomorrow. So they had it a week in house. They had to look me up too since I bought from Autopia. Would be nice if they would even just email shipping notice, but all in all great service. Another reason to spen a little more dough and get a GG if you are considering a PC. IMO