PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Glaze test!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Thejoyofdriving
07-25-2007, 12:20 AM
I got some wet sanding paper to fix up my car a bit, but i really wanted to do a test of the menzerna glaze because it didnt impress me at first. So i decided to do a test. My dads car was the victim. I sanded a strip about 8 inches long with some 2,000grit paper. The right side was done with about 5 applications of menzerna glaze the left is the control. I dont really know how to apply the glaze as the instructions are not detailed, the way i did it is i just worked it in by hand for 1min then wiped it off, i dont know if i did it right. After the first app. there was a diffrence but i kept applying it to see how good it could get. Again note that this was done by hand. Enjoy:D

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/thejoyofdrivings_pics/DSC00773.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/thejoyofdrivings_pics/DSC00770.jpg

I have not really tried any other glazes so i have nothing to compare it to, I cant say if it is a good glaze or a bad glaze, this test was done simply to show that it works.(P.S., once you put the glaze on, and wipe it off, it found it almost immpossible to get off the paint again, note that i am not talking about wiping it off, i am talking about once it has filled in the scratches, alcohol didnt seem to work.)

Tragu
07-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Gee son thanks for sanding my car for no reason that looks swell!!!!!! Just kidding the glaze looks good it covered alot of it I will get some myself.

ScottB
07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
this glaze does require some additional buffing .... A PC with a microfiber cap my be a best removal choice.

xebola
07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Gee son thanks for sanding my car for no reason that looks swell!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Is there some sort of detailers oath? "Do no harm," or something like that. Maybe I am thinking of doctors. At any rate I am glad to see the JoD is giving it another chance.

BlackCoupe
07-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I got some wet sanding paper to fix up my car a bit, but i really wanted to do a test of the menzerna glaze because it didnt impress me at first. So i decided to do a test. My dads car was the victim. I sanded a strip about 8 inches long with some 2,000grit paper. The right side was done with about 5 applications of menzerna glaze the left is the control. I dont really know how to apply the glaze as the instructions are not detailed, the way i did it is i just worked it in by hand for 1min then wiped it off, i dont know if i did it right. After the first app. there was a diffrence but i kept applying it to see how good it could get. Again note that this was done by hand. Enjoy:D

I have not really tried any other glazes so i have nothing to compare it to, I cant say if it is a good glaze or a bad glaze, this test was done simply to show that it works.(P.S., once you put the glaze on, and wipe it off, it found it almost immpossible to get off the paint again, note that i am not talking about wiping it off, i am talking about once it has filled in the scratches, alcohol didnt seem to work.)

Am I to understand that you purposely instilled scratch marks with sandpaper so that you could see how well a Glaze might hide some of them?

2KLS1
07-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Does your old man know you did this? If I would have done the same it would have been 5 across the eyes and maybe a foot up my you know what, at least when I was your age. How do you plan on removing this? Post pics and procedure when you do.

HighEndDetail
07-25-2007, 05:09 PM
You sanded your dad's Porsche http://www.peachstateposse.com/forum/images/smiles/shocked.gif Did he see this and what did he do to you:D

And looks like when you wetsanded you went in circles. Next time do a back and forth motion

hydro556
07-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Where are the after shots?

sneek
07-25-2007, 05:17 PM
:S I don't get the point of this test.

there are a whole bunch of filler glazes out there that can hide scratches. Unless you tried another glaze side by side...but I don'think you did. You just wet sanded an 8" strip and applied glaze? Not to be mean, but ### were you thinking? Oh yes BTW, 3M imperial papers are known to leave bad tracers. Taking out 2000grit is going to be really fun by PC. I hope that isn't a porsche, because respraying them isn't cheap!

xebola
07-25-2007, 05:36 PM
That's a Porsche? LOL You got some serious sack dude. WOW. I figured it was some beater that nobody cared about. LOL That's a trip.

ZoranC
07-25-2007, 05:40 PM
I hope his father will be honest enough to disclose this to future owner when he ends up selling the car.

hydro556
07-25-2007, 05:47 PM
JoyofDriving, are you going to post "after" pics? I hope you manage to clean that up. Did you really try this "test" on a Porsche? Thats crazy. Especially one that doesnt even belong to you. Spoiled Rotten comes to mind if this is the case.

Strokin04
07-25-2007, 05:54 PM
OMFG, I just spit water all over the place after reading this!!! Please Mods, never ban JoD again we need him around for the added entertainment value to this site. Hey maybe next time he will pour some gasoline on the hood of the porsche and set it on fire to test the durability of a sealant (like you see on infomercials).

sneek
07-25-2007, 06:01 PM
That's a Porsche? LOL You got some serious sack dude. WOW. I figured it was some beater that nobody cared about. LOL That's a trip.

Porsche's are the only cars that I know of with that plastic lump next to the license plate.
http://www.aemporium.com/porsche/996%20Turbo%20GT2%20Rear%20Wingb.jpg

ZoranC
07-25-2007, 07:52 PM
OMFG, I just spit water all over the place after reading this!!! Please Mods, never ban JoD again we need him around for the added entertainment value to this site.
Here, put water aside and have some more:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/8120-seems-i-have-wet-sanded-through-my-cc-2000grit.html