PDA

View Full Version : Compound, Polish, AIO?

A2D Signature
05-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Tomorrow I am doing my father in laws GMC Yukon XL Denali. I ran out of sealant last week and haven't picked any up. So I was thinking to compound, polish, then use some Klasse AIO because of the sealant and finish properties.

I haven't searched and haven't attempted this method yet so I am unsure if this is a good combo or one I should avoid? I want to do a great job for him because he gave me a brand new pressure washer and air compressor for Christmas so this is me paying him back now that I'm better as a detailer.

The big catch is, he owns a repo business and knows tons of people with luxury auto businesses and he even plays cards with Michael Phelps. I think he was joking but he said that if I do great work, he would talk to everyone for me. He could've been serious though??

Feel free to chime in guys and girls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blkSRT
05-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Nothing wrong with that approach. You are going to clay, correct?

hernandez.art13
05-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Just thinking out loud,

if you did compound with a cutting pad i.e. lake country orange pad
polish with polishing pad i.e. lake country white polishing pad
and
AIO i.e. lake country black finishing pad

could the black finishing pad and the AIO serve as an ultra fine final polish and at the same time seal the paint? Not sure the Klasse cutting ability though, so this is just a question...

A2D Signature
05-26-2014, 11:04 PM
I'm compounding with Meg's MF. Polishing with Tangerine and Poorboys professional. Green Pad for AIO if it's being used. Otherwise, black pad and Nattysblue if AIO isn't the best way to go.

A2D Signature
05-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Nothing wrong with that approach. You are going to clay, correct?

Absolutely! on the clay.

Belair
05-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Are you using the Meg's DA MF system with D300 & 301? If so, that combo finishes down really well & you can put a sealant right on top. The Klasse would be OK I guess if that's all you have to top it with.

You F-I-L plays cards with Bongo Phelps? That's pretty cool, hehe.

blkSRT
05-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Poorboys professional polish doesn't have any abrasive in it so you may need a fishing polish.

A2D Signature
05-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Poorboys professional polish doesn't have any abrasive in it so you may need a fishing polish.

I wasn't aware of that. I just bought a brand new bottle of it 3wks ago. Ugh

Desertnate
05-27-2014, 07:40 AM

It is true there are no abrasives, but I was able to easily knock out light swirls and some marring on my daughter's Mazda3 this weekend. I was using a white LC Flat Pad. Pockets who posts here for Poorboy's has stated he's done some pretty significant correction depending on the pad being used.

A2D Signature
05-27-2014, 07:50 AM
It is true there are no abrasives, but I was able to easily knock out light swirls and some marring on my daughter's Mazda3 this weekend. I was using a white LC Flat Pad. Pockets who posts here for Poorboy's has stated he's done some pretty significant correction depending on the pad being used.

Well I'm going to give it a whirl with the orange pad. If I get nothing, I'll switch back to a different polish