PDA

View Full Version : How to clean wheels after I cleaned tires!!

shagnat
05-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Yup, I goofed. I cleaned and dressed my tires before I did anything to my rims. Would something like ONR be ok to use in a situation like this. I have very very little brake pad dust and otherwise there's nothing hideous looking about them as I keep them relatively clean washing them no less than every 2 weeks.

Please help as I washed theses tires 3 times to get all the old dressing off and applied 2 coats of dressing and my back is killing me.

Help please !!

TuxedoTaurus
05-26-2014, 08:40 PM
ONR would work, I have done that and used QD and on clear coated wheels some QW sprayed on a MF and wiped them down. It did the job without hurting the dressing

jamesboyy
05-26-2014, 09:26 PM
plus one on TuxedoTaurus post fully agree with you

shagnat
05-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Whew!! Thanks tons guys. I figured there had to be a fairly simple answer, but, I've never done anything that stupid before........... well unless you get confused about using your hair spray vs QD !!!!! Yup, I did it :)

TuxedoTaurus
05-26-2014, 11:25 PM
No problem, if you have a problem no matter what it is, someone here had the same experience. I once waxed half my hood in meguiars ultimate black in a rush and not paying attention to bottles. I didn't realize it till I started smelling sunscreen. So don't feel too bad.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using AG Online

Paul A.
05-30-2014, 05:41 AM
Now THAT'S UV protection Tuxedo!

Blackthorn One
05-30-2014, 05:49 AM
Always clean the wheels first and use the excess wheel cleaner to clean the tire with a scrub brush. That way, you save on materials. After you clean the wheel, spread the cleaner to the tire with a soft brush. Then use scrub brush to clean. Then rinse the whole thing after cleaning tire.

TuxedoTaurus
05-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Now THAT'S UV protection Tuxedo!

I wanted optimum protection and figured hey my trim is black and the paint is black so it should be a good to go LOL

shagnat
05-31-2014, 01:32 PM
I wanted optimum protection and figured hey my trim is black and the paint is black so it should be a good to go LOL
LMBO.......... great logic :iagree:

andreiwright
06-01-2014, 01:31 PM
If yours is chrome you got to love the Mother Chrome Polish. designed to work exceptionally well on all chrome and protects your chrome with advanced polymers. You can easily get this in wall mart.