PDA

View Full Version : Small tiny spots on my paint

newjay
05-26-2014, 06:48 PM
I finally got around to using the nano skin auto scrub on my suv today.

This is a 2014 Sorento that I"ve had for just a couple months.

While I was using the nanoskin I noticed small spots on the paint that didn't get removed with washing.

Most came off with a little rubbing using the nanoskin, a few spots didn't come off and I wasn't sure how hard I should be rubbing.

Is it generally ok for the paint to keep scrubing with the nanoskin, or is that usually not a good idea? Just leaving the few tiny spots.

This is a daily commuter and I'm really not wanting to get an*l about things, but I do have a hard time doing a job if I know it's not being done correctly while I'm doing it. Wife says it's ocd :)

TuxedoTaurus
05-26-2014, 06:54 PM
:Picture:

I would probably recommend a chemical decon like Iron-x, or it could be dirt in the paint from the factory. I am not a pro by any means but I don't think you want to scrub as you more would want to glide and let the product do the work. Like with clay at first it grabs and as you work it it glides.

jamesboyy
05-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Scrubbing the nanoskin eraser onto paintwork can and in many cases mar the paintwork therefore toy wants lots of lubrication so the eraser glides over the paintwork with that said you may have rail dust therefore I would go the iron-x route then use a traditional clay bar on those problem areas lastly don't forget to do a baggie test on the paint too