PDA

View Full Version : Please help quick! Opticoat curing and water spots

Autogk
05-26-2014, 04:55 PM
I put opticoat 2.0 on my hood yesterday and today while driving under an overpass, some water dripped on the hood. By the time I reached my destination it dried and I used ONR in a spray bottle to clean it. I have spots in the coating now. It was curing for about 18 hours when it happened. Any way to remove these without polishing the coating off?

Just02896
05-26-2014, 05:18 PM
I put opticoat 2.0 on my hood yesterday and today while driving under an overpass, some water dripped on the hood. By the time I reached my destination it dried and I used ONR in a spray bottle to clean it. I have spots in the coating now. It was curing for about 18 hours when it happened. Any way to remove these without polishing the coating off?

Carpro water spot remover works really well. You can also try using white vinegar in the meantime.

CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-spotless-water-spot-remover.html)

octane
05-26-2014, 05:41 PM
from what I have read, you are better to let it cure a full week before attemping to remove them. then using a paint cleaner or light polish if needed, than you can always reapply to that area the OC2.0 since you are still in the curing timeframe.

acid based water spot remover will probably affect the coating

Pureshine
05-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Opti-Coat needs to cure for 1-2 weeks to be chemical resistant and is fully cure after a month.
Here is link to the pro installers discussion on this.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=859572837401870&set=gm.626588770749520&type=1&theater

Autogk
05-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys. I'll wait a week. Would Detailers Coating Prep polish be good for this since it is non abrasive and shouldn't effect the coating?

Are you saying that I can apply opticoat to a spot I missed bc it hasn't fully cured yet? If this is the case, I'm wondering if I can apply a light coat to each panel to ensure coverage.

Pureshine
05-26-2014, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys. I'll wait a week. Would Detailers Coating Prep polish be good for this since it is non abrasive and shouldn't effect the coating?

Are you saying that I can apply opticoat to a spot I missed bc it hasn't fully cured yet? If this is the case, I'm wondering if I can apply a light coat to each panel to ensure coverage.

If you missed a spot you can reply that spot. Just make sure its prepped right.

Autogk
05-26-2014, 06:56 PM
If you missed a spot you can reply that spot. Just make sure its prepped right.

Thanks. So I am thinking a little IPA or ONR wiped on with a MF to prep the area? Not sure if I should wait a week so I don't ruin the intact coating around it.....