PDA

View Full Version : Are the Rupes 21 polishers Out of Stock?

Pages : 1 [2]

FLAVIOBR
05-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Oi Tato, como vai?

Te conseguiram uma Rupes? Você vai adorar a máquina!

O preço do frete FedEX é algo surreal, hoje eu uso a empresa Shipito para compras internacionais, vale muito a pena mesmo.

Dá pra economizar uma boa grana.

A FedEX te cobra imposto sobre o frete?

Boa sorte

Tato Hi, how are you?

Able you a Rupes? You'll love the machine!

The price of shipping FedEX is something surreal, now I use Shipito company for international purchases, well worth it.

Can you save good money.

The FedEX charge you tax on shipping?

good luck

Tato
05-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Dear Flavio, thanks a lot for answer.

Yes, I'm in for a Rupes to add to my arsenal. Main reason I've scheduled some jobs were customers will work on some parts of their cars while I'll be doing the major detail, and this kind of 'training' and enjoyment I'm proposing will be able to take care of large part of the costs involved, fast.

That's why I'm not concerned at all about operational costs, but were so much concerned when I was noticed product will not arrive on time to start paying for itself.

I appreciate your suggestion, and will consider it next time.

Yes, I may pay taxes over order + shipping costs as well. Why it's not a huge problem to me?

Since Fedex may deliver a large order in ~3-4 business days to the front of my door, taking much more care of the package than brazilian mail service will, investing more in shipping is reasonable since I may have benefits, generally you get what you're paying for.

Via USPS mail, orders (to my location) may take 8 to 80 days, be lost in transit, and many other issues it's not necessary to talk about now.

When I got my Flex, I had the same operational costs and the machine paid for itself in about two weeks.

Based on my reasoning, actually I couldn't find an investment that may pay for itself in short time, then start giving me profits really fast as well.

Also, AG customer service always stood by me, helping me to deal with such costs by making order experience the best possible, and offering the best value for my money.

Will $200 save for an alternative route make me wealthy, rich? At least in this case, I feel not at all...

Again, I really appreciate your comments.

Kind Regards.

trekkeruss
05-27-2014, 12:26 PM
I would have ordered over the Memorial Day sale if the Rupes bag was in stock, but it wasn't. Nor was it in stock the last time I looked either.

Tato
05-27-2014, 08:00 PM
--Updated--

EPIC customer service, as expected, and like related and well known by everyone. Impressive. My issues were ALL solved some hours ago, meaning all this took less than 24 hours.

Thanks to everyone who helped me dealing with my concerns, and thanks to AG staff for being so competent in understanding customers, and solving our problems that well.

This explains why I keep coming back. See you soon.

Kind Regards.

TuxedoTaurus
05-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Excellent!! Very happy for you.

mrclean
05-27-2014, 09:49 PM
hello tato, i also own a rupes 21. you will be happy with it. do the washer mod, and buy the 5'' backing plate. it will be like having the 15 & 21 in one machine. wish you the best!

Tato
05-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Hi, how are you doing?

Thanks for info. I went through your McLaren thread again (which I like very much) and saw your 21 in there, looks very beautiful and perfectly matched to the 5" plate. Can't wait mate, can't wait. I've ordered the Rupes pads in 6" and 7" so I can run machine in a versatile manner like you described.

I also saw your detail fest pictures thread, great pictures, the first one with Larry is top shot, all the others as well.

About your son's pictures, if someone needs to make DNA for parental identification must be the mother, he's the 75E Mini version of you lol! Congratulations on that kid.

Appreciate a lot your words,

Kind Regards.

mrclean
05-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Hi, how are you doing?

Thanks for info. I went through your McLaren thread again (which I like very much) and saw your 21 in there, looks very beautiful and perfectly matched to the 5" plate. Can't wait mate, can't wait. I've ordered the Rupes pads in 6" and 7" so I can run machine in a versatile manner like you described.

I also saw your detail fest pictures thread, great pictures, the first one with Larry is top shot, all the others as well.

About your son's pictures, if someone needs to make DNA for parental identification must be the mother, he's the 75E Mini version of you lol! Congratulations on that kid.

Appreciate a lot your words,

Kind Regards.

all is well thank god. thanks for looking at the thread on the mclaren, and yes i used the 21 and polished it up very nice and quick :buffing:

i have the 7'' rupes foam pads. the blue, green and yellow ones. im not a really big fan of them i must say. the only one that i really like is the yellow one with an aio of your choice it polishes up really nice.

i prefer megs mf cutting pads when doing correction, and i use the buff and shine of lc foam pads to polish. when i get big panels, i must say that the big 7'' yellow rupes pad is great and big time saver.

i still use my old pc. but i use it mostly with a 3'' backing plate and 3.5'' pads its a beast when its used at this size. same thing when it comes to cutting i used the 3'' megs mf pads.. and lc 3'' foam pads to polish hard to reach areas.

detailfest was great! and i got to see alot of the detailers i've watched on youtube. larry was a great find and the guy is really nice dude in person. my son actually took the pic of me and larry. meeting barry meguiar was also pretty cool.

and yes, ive been told my son is identical to me! lol. he comes along with me when i have weekend details and helps out to either remove polish or wax.. and passing bottles around. he is very helpful to have around.

good luck with the rupes, i know it will not dissapoint.:props:

Tato
05-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Nice to hear/read!

I've picked up 3 units of the yellow, 1 green and 1 white for the 7" option. In 6" (Rupes brand), 1 of each green, yellow, white. No Rupes polishes (Am I a traitor of the movement?) lol! Really just to try them out before ordering a bunch.

I already have lots of pads (all quality LC pads, Meg's MF pads, etc), will give them the pleasure of a ride as well.

Skipped the rupes blue, unfortunately, I had to save and get some other 'stuff' to back up my stock. Thinking just after the order I would have picked at least 1 blue, unwise saving I may say ahhaha but can happen.

However, I feel the blue pad (listen, never saw personally or used) the most 'system dependent' Rupes pad, so if I manage to order it later I would also get the Rupes blue polish for that claimed smooth and 'almost any (if none) pressure' correction System.

It'll all depends if those few Rupes pads I got will blow my mind, then I may go on a haul immediately hehehe.

I forgot citing Barry's picture on your thread, sure, 'very nice to meet you too, Sir!'

In fact, I'm still ~afraid (not the word) of the 'Rupes Frankestein' approach, basically to use non-rupes pads, non-rupes polishes, switching plate for smaller and inserting a washer. And I'm not even an Engineer to be so smart!

Fact is, their marketing lies in such strong foundation it's implicit for me, Rupes = Whole system, also having to buy all their machines in all sizes for every part of job. I also trust their people enough to believe you don't need a washer, although I'll try (don't ask me why, please).

You now understand it's not exactly the case (since you use your Rupes the way it works for you), but whoever (like me) never used or saw one, it still feels strange.

Researching the web (here included), you may find comments 100% approving non-system (based on solid results), while others 100% reproving this (and solid results as well).

I've read a comment regarding non-rupes pads FLYING causing an expensive damage to the paintwork (it may be true, I don't doubt).

But reminds me the 'horror stories' parents may tell to their children like 'don't talk to strangers', don't accept a candy from old women on street, etc... It's Scary, no?!

I never talked to strangers, why should now use non-Rupes pads?! Looks funny, but all this can put the 'general public' ordering a Rupes polisher in doubt.

Few people (you included) have a more open mind concerning all this and I'm favorable in following this pathway myself.

While just reading about and wondering, I feel 100% secure it'll all work fine!, but 100% insecure it'll not work at all ahahhaha

Your son is such a great companion, send regards to him. My daughter still 3 y/o, hope to soon be hanging around with her in cool events like you go with yours.

Updated, just received from carrier:
Estimated delivery :
Mon 6/02/2014 by 9:00 pm

The way it's moving fast, can arrive earlier.

I'll do my best to make a detailed review in exchange of AG's staff and forum members unconditional support to me. May not be novelty to you since you already own and master it.

However, I'm one who agonized many moons on this Rupes X Flex issue (ordered the 3401 first, recommend and Love it), but in few days will be able to put them side to side in a Rupes + Flex solution to my business.

Really sorry for extended answer, but your comment added much food for my brain to digere...

Kind Regards.

mrclean
05-28-2014, 06:51 PM
ive tried the blue pad with megs 101 and i wasnt that blown away (some swirls were still there). switched it to a megs mf cutting pad and megs 101 and the correction improved dramaticly. i dont know, i guess im just a big fan of cutting with mf pads.

its mustve been exciting to see that package finally arrived! i will be looking foward for your review.

i havent tried any of the rupes polishes so i cant really say ive tried the system. perhaps when i have some extra money laying around ill invest on some rupes polishes.. seeing that mike highly recommends it and we all know mike knows his stuff.. ive met the man and he is very knowledgeable on detailing products. thats the only thing thats intriguing me on giving it a try.. his suggestion.

the stories of pads flying out can be true.

i had problems with the rupes green pad. the glue of the top part of the pad has weakened and ive had to re-glue it using otc adhesives like crazy glue etc. and the same thing is starting to happen with my yellow pad too.

i dont use one pad to do a whole car, and i dont let them heat up.. and i always brush and clean them after every panel. so i really dont know whats been going on with that issue.

anyways, enjoy your new toy and keep us posted on your experience with your bigfoot!