PDA

View Full Version : New white truck waxed and after a rain shower black like dust?

xxnonamexx
05-26-2014, 01:34 PM
I washed waxed, polished, sealed my wifes brand new white jeep. After a rain storm I notice very faint black streaks, dots which I assume is the dust, dirt in the air the rain brings and dries on the truck. Is there anything to help prevent this?

builthatch
05-26-2014, 01:46 PM
I washed waxed, polished, sealed my wifes brand new white jeep. After a rain storm I notice very faint black streaks, dots which I assume is the dust, dirt in the air the rain brings and dries on the truck. Is there anything to help prevent this?

nope.

i mean, the ultimate in prepping an automotive surface for releasing junk is polishing, proper prep and coating, like Opti-Coat. but even that would still hold onto some residual dust/dirt/pollen/etc. after a spring rain.

an easy solution to your issue is to spray the car down with a hose, stream the water off the best you can to get most off as possible and hit it with a blower to get the residual off. if it's slick like it should be (since it's polished then waxed), then that process should be pretty easy and effective.

assuming you don't have any water restrictions, haha.

Just02896
05-26-2014, 01:54 PM
nope.

i mean, the ultimate in prepping an automotive surface for releasing junk is polishing, proper prep and coating, like Opti-Coat. but even that would still hold onto some residual dust/dirt/pollen/etc. after a spring rain.

an easy solution to your issue is to spray the car down with a hose, stream the water off the best you can to get most off as possible and hit it with a blower to get the residual off. if it's slick like it should be (since it's polished then waxed), then that process should be pretty easy and effective.

assuming you don't have any water restrictions, haha.

:iagree:

I also do a quick rinse and blow dry if the vehicle gets dirty a day or two after polishing and applying LSP. If a week or more goes by, I'll do a full wash.

xxnonamexx
05-26-2014, 03:14 PM
its residual dirt since i can swipe my finger on it and its white again. I just thought I was missing another type of protectant since it stinks that after a rain shower the white looks dirty up close.

Niblick
05-26-2014, 03:25 PM
White vehicles are always gonna be very high maintenance, because they show every speck of dust and dirt. Just keep a bottle of quick Detailer on standby :xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
05-26-2014, 04:22 PM
Polished, sealed, and waxed:
That's the actual order...Correct?

And by sealing: Do you mean you applied a Sealant?
Thanks.

Also:
Waxes have the tendency to be "sticky"...contaminates want to stick to them, more so than to Sealants.
If there are a lot of these dirty-rains that occur in your area of the World...Waxes just may not be the best choice for your White vehicle's LSP.

Bob

xxnonamexx
05-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Klaus see high gloss sealant then collinite 915 wax.

xxnonamexx
05-27-2014, 11:23 AM
I think now that it has been raining at least once a week here in the NY area it is hard to keep up and keeping the black "soot" left on the truck.