PDA

View Full Version : Failing LC backing plate system

Just02896
05-25-2014, 09:22 PM
I know there were many people that had issues with their LC backing plate breaking at the hub but has anyone experienced any issues with the hook and loop part delaminating from the backing plate?

I was quite satisfied with my 4" backing plate running hybrid pads up until this afternoon when I noticed the hook and look portion starting to pull away from the backing plate. Only thing I can figure is bad adhesive. I change my pads often and only use this backing plate for light polishing so I know excess heat was not the cause of the failure. I've had the kit for only a few months and have only used it on a hand full of vehicles so I'm a little upset that I wasted $50!

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h384/just02896/image_zps617402c8.jpg (http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/just02896/media/image_zps617402c8.jpg.html)
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h384/just02896/image_zpsed06577e.jpg (http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/just02896/media/image_zpsed06577e.jpg.html)

05-25-2014, 10:30 PM
That sucks dude! I better check mine out tomorrow...did you get it from AG? If so, I'm sure they'll help you in getting a new one...

Just02896
05-25-2014, 11:52 PM
That sucks dude! I better check mine out tomorrow...did you get it from AG? If so, I'm sure they'll help you in getting a new one...

Yep, purchased from AG.

Just02896
05-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Anyone else having this problem?

Tato
05-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Oh my, just got my LC plate system switched for a new one after a break up in the center of it (where the washer and bolt may insert).

The new one is working great, but since I've faced a failure previously, I'm not 100% confident it'll not fail again in the long run.

Now you're showing this issue.

I'd like to tell LC:

- 4" LC plate and 5" LC Hybrid pads are probably the best addition to a Flex 3401 polisher.

That said, please:

Get the Standard Flex 3401 backing plate, and thorough analyze it. Done? Now get the 4 3/8 Flex backing plate, and thorough analyze it. Done?

Now, (PLEASE), develop a 4" backing plate based on the above plates standards, without the intermediate changeable system.

If you consider to be doing so, you can already charge my credit card an ship one 4" backing plate (Fixable, not Changeable) to my address when it's ready.

We need the 4" plate on the Flex, but we also need a very reliable option.

At least in my case, the 6" changeable plate is barely used, and the only reason for ordering the LC plate system was the 4" plate.

Please, offer your customers a 4" plate like the standard 5.5" plate and the 4 3/8 plate.

Just a suggestion, but I can only imagine this will be a top seller.

Kind Regards.

Just02896
05-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Oh my, just got my LC plate system switched for a new one after a break up in the center of it (where the washer and bolt may insert).

The new one is working great, but since I've faced a failure previously, I'm not 100% confident it'll not fail again in the long run.

Now you're showing this issue.

I'd like to tell LC:

- 4" LC plate and 5" LC Hybrid pads are probably the best addition to a Flex 3401 polisher.

That said, please:

Get the Standard Flex 3401 backing plate, and thorough analyze it. Done? Now get the 4 3/8 Flex backing plate, and thorough analyze it. Done?

Now, (PLEASE), develop a 4" backing plate based on the above plates standards, without the intermediate changeable system.

If you consider to be doing so, you can already charge my credit card an ship one 4" backing plate (Fixable, not Changeable) to my address when it's ready.

We need the 4" plate on the Flex, but we also need a very reliable option.

At least in my case, the 6" changeable plate is barely used, and the only reason for ordering the LC plate system was the 4" plate.

Please, offer your customers a 4" plate like the standard 5.5" plate and the 4 3/8 plate.

Just a suggestion, but I can only imagine this will be a top seller.

Kind Regards.

I completely agree! I also purchased the entire kit only so I could run 5" hybrids. All was well until I noticed the adhesive failure. Now I have a large supply of hybrid pads that I cannot use. This sucks! :-(

I wish flex would make a backing plate of their own for the 5" hybrid pads!

Just02896
05-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Sent a PM to Nick this morning and he said he'd take care of me! :-)

The Pad Man
05-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Anyone with any issues can email me at the factory here. My email is eric@lakecountrymfg.com I would be more than happy to solve this.

Just02896
05-27-2014, 02:23 PM
Anyone with any issues can email me at the factory here. My email is eric@lakecountrymfg.com I would be more than happy to solve this.

Thank you for acknowledging my issue with the backing plate! :-)
Nick said he would take care of me and I'm awaiting a response from him. If it doesn't pan out, I'll definitely be in touch! :-)

parttimer
05-27-2014, 02:46 PM
I mostly use my flex with the 6" BP, thankfully it is still holding up!

Radarryan
05-27-2014, 05:11 PM
I've read this quite a few times, unfortunately. I'm sorry that you're having this problem. What I would do is just purchase each individual backing plate rather than the interchangeable system. It's a bit more of a pain to change the backing plate over the interchangeable system (which is made for it) but at least it is OEM rather than made by LC. I think it would end up being a few bucks more expensive, but I think it is the best way to go. I rather have my backing plates manufactured by Flex than Lake Country, even though my PC backing plate is LC lol.

Just02896
05-27-2014, 07:22 PM
I've read this quite a few times, unfortunately. I'm sorry that you're having this problem. What I would do is just purchase each individual backing plate rather than the interchangeable system. It's a bit more of a pain to change the backing plate over the interchangeable system (which is made for it) but at least it is OEM rather than made by LC. I think it would end up being a few bucks more expensive, but I think it is the best way to go. I rather have my backing plates manufactured by Flex than Lake Country, even though my PC backing plate is LC lol.

I wasn't aware that Flex made a backing plate that accepts the 5" LC hybrid pads.

Tato
05-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Dear Ryan,

I know (and actually have) the backing plate you're talking about. It's the 4 3/8" plate, unless I'm 'deadly wrong'.

The 5" LC hybrids have a 4" velcro to perfect fit the 4" LC changeable plate. They are too small to be used on 4 3/8 plate.

My use of the 4 3/8 plate is towards 5.5" pads, including 5.5" Meguiar's MF pads.

Would be really great to have an OEM style 4" plate for the Flex.

Kind Regards.